Need some advice for navigating PC hardware market.

Crondax

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this community and I'm really hoping to receive some advice. I've been looking to upgrade my PC for a year now since I am running on a prebuilt system from 6 years ago (4th gen i7, GTX 750, 16 GB 1600mhz ram) I recently bought a case, AMD motherboard, and new ram after doing much research. After reading some articles and watching videos today about how the GPU and CPU market prices will be going up this year I'm unsure what to do at this point. Im looking for advice, if I should just return the parts I bought and wait another year for this or if there is any hope of finding a midrange GPU and CPU in stock and for a decent price this year. I work as a graphic designer and dabble in 3D art so my machine is really holding me back and its becoming seemingly hopeless to ever upgrade for work purposes.

Thanks in advance if you take the time to read this and leave comments.  

yes in the lower end the 1600 series from nvidia or so could be something, but could still be overpriced when you could look forward to lower end 3000 series.

If you can get any of them though and for a good price.

Maybe for canada and the US to maybe other countries as well:

I would rather wait, as you get more features with the RTX series (3000 cards). or if AMD gives out a card at some point too for the lower end/cheaper cards.

My pc guide check out my upgrade section for amd am4 cpus and gpus. The prices I have are for normal prices. If you need me to explain anything im happy to help

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze

2 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

I would rather wait, as you get more features with the RTX series (3000 cards). or if AMD gives out a card at some point too for the lower end/cheaper cards.

they may be coming out with an rx 6700

ill reccomend you wait for zen3(5000 ryzen cpu) and 3000 rtx card for them to have a stable stock, because now you only find those cpu and gpu on scalpers price. 

1 hour ago, VlixZ said:

ill reccomend you wait for zen3(5000 ryzen cpu) and 3000 rtx card for them to have a stable stock, because now you only find those cpu and gpu on scalpers price. 

I know which parts I would like to get, but I cant even find GTX 1600 series card for under $300 dollars Canadian. As for CPU im looking for a Ryzen 5 3600 possibly 3600x or xt but those are ridiculously overpriced right now as well.

27 minutes ago, Crondax said:

I know which parts I would like to get, but I cant even find GTX 1600 series card for under $300 dollars Canadian. As for CPU im looking for a Ryzen 5 3600 possibly 3600x or xt but those are ridiculously overpriced right now as well.

3600 non x or xt can be just fine, if the others are overpriced.

If 5600x is coming closer to their price, if that is something that would be easier to suggest buying?

Not quite worth it to spend a lot on those that have just be overpriced above and beyond.

8 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

3600 non x or xt can be just fine, if the others are overpriced.

If 5600x is coming closer to their price, if that is something that would be easier to suggest buying?

Not quite worth it to spend a lot on those that have just be overpriced above and beyond.

Yeah I'm beginning to think I jumped the gun on starting my new PC and this is just a pipe dream for me right now. Thank you for your advice :) 

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/6/2021 at 9:24 AM, Crondax said:

Bruh, then why ask. also just see what i just told you, "wait". thanks