Scientists are testing Diamonds for use with Quantum Computers as they apparently can be stretched to possibly enable room temperature Quantum CPUs

WillyW
1 minute ago, StDragon said:

A sealed enclosure displaced with 100% nitrogen gas (inert) at one atmosphere sea level (14.7 psi). DONE!

Why do people have to make things so complicated??! 🙄

My suspicion is in that case there was a reason.  Also the gas in nitrogen storage is often kept at slight over pressure to keep other gasses from seeping in. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

26 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

My suspicion is in that case there was a reason.  Also the gas in nitrogen storage is often kept at slight over pressure to keep other gasses from seeping in. 

To protect the worlds most accurately polished, by tens of factors, lens. Might I also add the worlds most accurately polished lens with the incorrect edge specification, so Hubble actually needs to wear glasses, this really is a thing haha (using "glasses" liberally). Have a watch of the video on it on the channel Megaprojects, lots of interesting things from them.

16 hours ago, StDragon said:

While morbid, LifeGem will take the ashes of remains and create a diamond. Actually, that's kind of cool. But, I'm not sure I want someone's soul-stone haunting me. 😨

In a Vampire LARP, we did that to an enemy, took his ashes (after zapping him with lighting) and made him into cufflinks :)

----

18 hours ago, WereCatf said:

I know you meant that as a joke, but the answer is: no. That's not how quantum - computers work; they produce a massive numbers of solutions to an equation, they do not process logic.

I've read the comics...they spin up universes of posible answers and destory them til the answer remains....which leads to an evil justice league trying to destory the world......

I might not have a full understanding of the technology.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎