Issues w/ using a microphone splitter on front mic/headphone jacks

FrankGehry

I have a Corsair 400q case that has the typical separate headphone and microphone 3.5mm jacks.

I would like to use a pair of Apple Earpods with the jacks, so I purchased a splitter from Amazon. With the splitter, I can hear audio just fine, but the microphone setting is extremely static to the point you cannot understand anything at all (it sounds like white noise). I attempted to adjust the microphone volumes to a lower setting, but that didn't improve clarity. Sadly, I don't have another pair of 3.5mm jack earbuds to try and troubleshoot, but I figure that earbuds are simple enough with their 3-ring 3.5mm jack that this issue mostly lies in either 1) the jacks on my case 2) the splitter or 3) setting in Windows. From Amazon reviews, it looks like others have had similar issues w/ splitters causing static recording.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? I'm certain all the jacks are pushed into the female connections completely. I've tired twisting them around to see if that would improve things but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

the msot likely reason for this is the jack or cable for the case the connects to the mother board or even the connection itself is just poorly sheilded and is picking up noise you are more likely to get better results from the motherboard audio directly and not the case as audio in case is more likely than not just utter garbage where motherboard audio is generally decent especially for modern mobos

8 minutes ago, rice guru said:

the msot likely reason for this is the jack or cable for the case the connects to the mother board or even the connection itself is just poorly sheilded and is picking up noise you are more likely to get better results from the motherboard audio directly and not the case as audio in case is more likely than not just utter garbage where motherboard audio is generally decent especially for modern mobos

Yep, I connected the same earpods with the same splitter to the rear mobo audio jacks, and it works fine.

5 minutes ago, FrankGehry said:

Yep, I connected the same earpods with the same splitter to the rear mobo audio jacks, and it works fine.

that means your case audio is trash don't worry that's normal and we often discourage using it 

6 hours ago, rice guru said:

that means your case audio is trash don't worry that's normal and we often discourage using it 

That's a shame that's how it is on what was a $100 dollar case.

6 hours ago, FrankGehry said:

That's a shame that's how it is on what was a $100 dollar case.

That's how it is on almost every case. It's literally luck toget something not noisey