Cut To Size Case Glass?

OGKRG

Looking to add a full end to end coverage window to the side of my N200 case. Should I go with acrylic sheeting? Looking for something cheap. My dimensions are 14 3/4" Length x 13 5/8" Height. Wanting to keep the bezels uncovered. Image shows where glass would sit. I could honestly just get a new case, but where is the fun in that + I got this N200 used for $30 so putting another $10-$20 in sheeting isn't a big deal + I have a $10 Amazon credit I want to use up. 

39864586-C794-4292-9D8F-76BCBFF72B03.jpeg

Just now, CornFlix._. said:

You can probably ask your local glazier, they can cut glass to your specs.

I didn't know that was even a job title 😮 I'll look into that, but it might be cheaper to just get an acrylic sheet and cut myself. I just don't see spending $50+ on a new case just to have a glass panel. 

Just now, James Evens said:

Guess you will pay somewhere around $30 for this glass. 

Keep in mind that you can't drill or cut if it is in tempered state.

I was going to use velcro prob, or something that is not adhesive but will let me attach it to the case. If the cavemen can discover fire then I'll find a way. Something like this https://amzn.to/38ccvTu but this only comes in 12x12, doubt I am going to find exact measurement off the shelf basically, that would be a miracle.

14 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Home Depot (check the website for local stock) has 18x24" acrylic sheet for 14$.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/OPTIX-18-in-x-24-in-x-0-093-in-Clear-Acrylic-Sheet-Glass-Replacement-MC-05/202038047

You're the champ! I'ma go there today then, gotta go to a hardware store anyways and get some AM4 mounting screws for the stock bracket cause I lost mine, or I can't mount this prism cooler XD I'll let you know what I find there! 

Got the acrylic sheet! Going to cut it tomorrow and make a side panel! I’ll post finished results. Total cost is like $17 + plastic cutting blade tool. 

C63FC796-E7EE-4D63-97C2-8171C854C147.jpeg

you can also drill holes in acrylic without blowing it up.  

So you can use something other than velcro to mount, if you want.

2 hours ago, tkitch said:

you can also drill holes in acrylic without blowing it up.  

So you can use something other than velcro to mount, if you want.

That's true I was thinking of how to line that up so I can attach thumb screws. I do have a drill 🤣

Here it is! 

Not the cleanest job, I am going to have the sand the edges a bit more and wrap them, but I have it held up rn with some tape just to get the idea. It has a couple scratches in it I guess from the factory, but $10 for a side panel I can't complain, at least I can see my internals now! 

8FC21FBE-61DC-4AD9-8F60-A1747CCDF441.jpeg