Mantle API Vs. DirectX Thief Benchmarks

Mr.Duck

It does, however mainly with lower end CPU's like APU's or dualcores(or older quads), Mantle/Any Low Level API (DX12) should be able to allow the GPU to power through higher resolutions that were otherwise non-playable with a dualcore powering a beast GPU with non-low level drivers.

DX12's low level access is most likely the exact same thing as Mantle (finished however :P), just enabled for every GPU thats all... not just AMD.

Gotta love it, when its here!

I was looking towards more 4k and 2.7k optimization. My point mainly is that its not interesting for me because I don't have a CPU bottleneck, but if it did make really high res run significantly better than it would be way more interesting to look into.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

I know it's only 720p, but is Mantle really expected to give such insane gains at those lower resolutions? O_o

at those resolutions the cpu is the deciding factor.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I haven't heard really any rumors about DX12 but if that is true than I guess there is nothing to look forward to sadly.

there have been DX12 rumors for weeks now, there are even a few threads in this forum

I was looking towards more 4k and 2.7k optimization. My point mainly is that its not interesting for me because I don't have a CPU bottleneck, but if it did make really high res run significantly better than it would be way more interesting to look into.

mantle is about getting rid of the cpu bottleneck, high res is about gpu horsepower.  GPU manufacturer's need to start focusing on gpu power more instead of efficiency for better 4k performance.  nvidia is promising that maxwell is supposed to be great in both regards, and if amd (I'm assuming they are) is working on anything they're keeping a lid on it... 

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's