No POST after components swap

CptGia

Hi all, some time ago I upgraded my pc, and with the spare parts I built a media server. Specs:

• mobo: asus prime B250-plus
  • cpu: intel i7 6700
  • gpu: nvidia gtx 1060
  • case: silverstone SST-GD09B grandia
  • 10G network card: asus xg-c100c
  • psu: corsair vs650
  • storage: 3x seagate ironwolf 4TB HDD + kingstone 256GB SSD

The server worked fine until yesterday, but the psu is not modular and inside an horizontal HTPC case it's a real mess with cables everywhere.

I just bought a new psu for my desktop, so I took the old (modular) one and put it in the server. I also took the GPU out and gave it as a gift to a friend, and she gave me her older card, which I put into the server. Then I tried to boot it up, but now it doesn't seem to be working anymore. The mobo LEDs light up, cpu, gpu and case fans spin, the hard disks chirp... But the monitor shows no video signal. I tried fiddling with the ram, disconnecting everything except motherboard, cpu and ram, and even plugging back in the old psu, but without any luck. I also tried shorting the clear cmos pins.

The main problem is that the motherboard doesn't have an LED to report POST problems, so I'm kinda stuck. Maybe the motherboard is dead, but I'd like to be sure before buying another one. I can't try it with my desktop cpu unfortunately, since that's AMD based. I tried to look for a way to enable some kind of diagnostic or troubleshooting element but on the manual and on the website there's no mention of anything.

Am I missing something? What should I do?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, CptGia said:

I also took the GPU out and gave it as a gift to a friend, and she gave me her older card, which I put into the server. Then I tried to boot it up, but now it doesn't seem to be working anymore. The mobo LEDs light up, cpu, gpu and case fans spin, the hard disks chirp... But the monitor shows no video signal.

Sounds like the card she gave you is dead?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I hope the chirping is not a bad sound, before failing or if it's just normal noise.

PSU, you know if it works? would assume so?

GPU, which you don't know if it works or do you?

Did you do something with the power when swapping parts, or did things as normal with fully powered off and switched on when everything was swapped?

But like the comment above, it sounds like you don't know about the state of that GPU, that you traded.

3 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Sounds like the card she gave you is dead?

3 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

I hope the chirping is not a bad sound, before failing or if it's just normal noise.

PSU, you know if it works? would assume so?

GPU, which you don't know if it works or do you?

Did you do something with the power when swapping parts, or did things as normal with fully powered off and switched on when everything was swapped?

But like the comment above, it sounds like you don't know about the state of that GPU, that you traded.

The GPU she gave me was in her pc since yesterday, and it worked. I made the swap in her pc personally. I also tried connecting directly to the mobo without the GPU installed (cpu has integrated graphics), so I'd say it's not the GPU.

By chirping I just meant normal hard disk noises. Like when they spin up and start seeking.

The PSU was in my desktop until yesterday and it worked. I also tried to plug the old PSU back, but it didn't change anything.

I have fiddled a bit with the system powered on by mistake once, but that was after it was already not posting.