Slow ethernet connection

Arael

I recently just upgraded my motherboard to a b450m steel legend from a b450m ds3h. With my ds3h i was getting 250-300mb/s with the ethernet port now with my new mobo i only get max 112mb/s. Now after uninstalling and reinstalling the realtek drivers my ping is high and download is even slower. The cable inst broken and im sure my ISP inst throttling me.

3 minutes ago, Tilar1488 said:

i think you read that wrong.

let's continue.

Have you tried checking if windows is doing updates or if you are in the latest windows updates or not?

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

4 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

let's continue.

Have you tried checking if windows is doing updates or if you are in the latest windows updates or not?

I'm on windows 10 2h20 iirc and I have updates paused.

1 minute ago, Tilar1488 said:

I'm on windows 10 2h20 iirc and I have updates paused.

oh my that update was in october 2020 (google returned 20h2 so I'm gonna assjme that's what you mean) I recommend you try and get it to update to the latest version, see if that fixes it, and then update the realtek driver for an optional step

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

33 minutes ago, Tilar1488 said:

I recently just upgraded my motherboard to a b450m steel legend from a b450m ds3h. With my ds3h i was getting 250-300mb/s with the ethernet port now with my new mobo i only get max 112mb/s. Now after uninstalling and reinstalling the realtek drivers my ping is high and download is even slower. The cable inst broken and im sure my ISP inst throttling me.

Apart from that I would recommending getting a dedicated PCI-e x1 ethernet card like the Intel i210 for gaming. The onboard stuff is good enough but in terms of stability and latency a dedicated card has been my preferred choice for years now. Gigabyte does not state which chip they use compared to the Realtek 8111H in the ASRock Board. That could be the difference, maybe the gigabyte board had the better chip. As for the drivers. Go into bios first and disable the ethernet. Then boot into windows, remove the driver. then reboot and reanable it and let windows install the default driver first. Then try it out. Sometimes the default driver is actually better with onboard devices. If it is still bad, install the current realtek driver package.

8 hours ago, Tilar1488 said:

Are you shure those numbers are correct?

Maybee I'm just misreading. But 112MB/s seems fine to me. This is Gigabit. 
Both Motherboards seem to have a Gigigabit Port. 
If you would like to have faster speeds, you need to upgrade beyond Gigabit Ethernet. 

31 minutes ago, StefanBa said:

Are you shure those numbers are correct?

Maybee I'm just misreading. But 112MB/s seems fine to me. This is Gigabit. 
Both Motherboards seem to have a Gigigabit Port. 
If you would like to have faster speeds, you need to upgrade beyond Gigabit Ethernet. 

my old motherboard had "gigabit" at 250 to 300mb/s? which doesnt make sense if theyre both gigabit