Trying to return a Laptop to HP and the process is a complete SCAM... Any advice????

Long story short, it appears that HP is trying to make it impossible to return items that 100% qualify for return. I have sat on hold this so many times this week to have identify the pattern they used to make returns almost impossible. They simply don't even consider picking up your call until you have been on hold for 3 hours!!! I made a video to prove out this pattern. Like clockwork, and as predicted, this is when the call finally rings through to HP customer support. For the first 3 hours, it is just game of chicken to see who will give out first. The prior 2 times, I was just pushed over to other departments that told me that they couldn't help. This time the call just ended because they probably didn't even have anyone answering the calls to begin with. They must figure that no one would actually wait on the phone for 3 hours. 

I've tried reaching out to them through email as well. Seriously, what can be done when a company pulls crap like this to prevent a return? I plan to call again and record the entire call for further documentation. I purchased through paypal and have already opened a claim. Has anyone had any luck going the BBB? 

Here is a video to prove out these shenanigans are like clockwork. The quality is crap since I only had a tablet to record from since I was using my phone to make the call. I started recording at like 2 hours and 58 minutes because I knew they would finally pick up, but didn't expect them to just hang up this time... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN1AqcgvHH8&ab_channel=MarkM

I'm not sure what exactly to suggest, but before you record phone calls, look into the laws in your region. You might need to get permission from the person you are calling before you record the call. 

EDIT: never mind

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

I suspect they are just busy with Christmas problems and low on staff over christmas/new year. A pain in the arse I know but doubt its a scam from $60 Billion a year company 

Check if your country have a consumer rights department or something

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Your best bet is to call again and again until you get in touch with someone who is actually helpful.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thanks for the feedback guys!

13 hours ago, The_russian said:

I'm not sure what exactly to suggest, but before you record phone calls, look into the laws in your region. You might need to get permission from the person you are calling before you record the call. 

The last time that I checked, in the US it is legal to record a phone conversation in all but a couple of states. If the tech support person is in those states, you only have to let them know that the phone call is being recorded. Thanks for the tip though and I will remember to let them know.

4 hours ago, Maldax said:

I suspect they are just busy with Christmas problems and low on staff over christmas/new year. A pain in the arse I know but doubt its a scam from $60 Billion a year company 

Maybe not a full blown scam, but I do believe it is an intentional practice. If you ever try to return something to Walmart, you will notice that the return line is always about 10 times longer than the checkout line. They are incentivized to make returns as hard as possible since it will deter many. 

1 hour ago, r2724r16 said:

Your best bet is to call again and again until you get in touch with someone who is actually helpful.

I know, but each call requires a 3 hour wait time!!! This is what makes it so hard.

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

Thanks Mod! I did not know that there was a better section