PC Boots But Doesn't Post After Freezing

OfficialJsP

I was using my PC as normal & plugged a device into one of the front USB ports on my case. I had been having issues with this USB port as every so often when I would plug something into it I would get a power surge error notification, most of the time it would work as normal how ever last time I tried using it my PC froze and had been dead ever since (well not completely). This has led me to believe that it has fried some components, the PC boosts up however does not post, fans spin and the light on the side of the GPU turns on but no devices connected to the PC such as keyboard or mouse are getting power, the power button light has also gone out on the case however it is still functional. Ive tried a partial rebuild and leaving it for awhile but i've not had any success. Has anyone got anything else I can try before I start a new build?

5 minutes ago, OfficialJsP said:

I was using my PC as normal & plugged a device into one of the front USB ports on my case. I had been having issues with this USB port as every so often when I would plug something into it I would get a power surge error notification, most of the time it would work as normal how ever last time I tried using it my PC froze and had been dead ever since (well not completely). This has led me to believe that it has fried some components, the PC boosts up however does not post, fans spin and the light on the side of the GPU turns on but no devices connected to the PC such as keyboard or mouse are getting power, the power button light has also gone out on the case however it is still functional. Ive tried a partial rebuild and leaving it for awhile but i've not had any success. Has anyone got anything else I can try before I start a new build?

Must have been one junky device to fry your system.

Have you tried pulling the CMOS battery and let it stay out for 10 minutes or so?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Must have been one junky device to fry your system.

Have you tried pulling the CMOS battery and let it stay out for 10 minutes or so?

I've tried pulling the CMOS out. Honestly the port was a complete mess I really shouldn't have even been using it.

5 minutes ago, OfficialJsP said:

I've tried pulling the CMOS out. Honestly the port was a complete mess I really shouldn't have even been using it.

Then I think it's time for a new board...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.