Asus Rog Strix RTX 3080 OC underperforming

Roznegow

Hello, I'm struggling with my new GPU and I need some little help. I play only COD Warzone and RDR2 1080p, 240hz and I get 120-140 fps with low settings but only AA is Filmic x2. On rdr2 i get 80-90fps with almost every thing on ultra, msaa is off. On bios I have XMP1, on ram sticks it says XMP2 ready, but when I enable XMP2 my pc is dooing a booting loop or blue screen, and I must return to XMP1. Please help, I'm desperate!

My specs are:

• CPU: Intel i9-10900k
  • CPU Cooler: Asus ROG Strix LC 360
  • MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB = 32 DDR4 3600MHz CL19 1.35v, in cpu-z I see dual channel
  • GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GAMING GeForce RTX™ 3080 OC, 10GB GDDR6X, 320-bit
  • SSD: Samsung 970 PRO, 512GB, M.2 2280, PCI Express x4 and HP 120gb for OS
  • PSU: Great Wall 1250W 80+ Gold
  • Monitor: Dell Alienware 25", 240Hz, 1ms, G-Sync, FHD
  • Headphones: HyperX Cloud II Pro Gun Metal
  • Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma
  • Mouse: Razer Viper 71gr.
  • Case: Corsair Carbide Series spec-06 RGB white case

658525751_DesktopScreenshot2020_12.29-20_34_58_86.png

1792548374_DesktopScreenshot2020_12.29-20_35_05_39.png

455585453_DesktopScreenshot2020_12.29-20_35_08_09.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.29 - 20.38.57.90.png

Two things. Usually you can only run one XMP profile, 1 or 2, not both. So that seems to be normal and no concern. 

Also, did you really buy a great wall / wallmart psu?  those are average at best (I just read GN "it won't blow up" review) and it's just not adequate for the rest of your system, so if you have issues that's where I'd suggest to start. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Two things. Usually you can only run one XMP profile, 1 or 2, not both. So that seems to be normal and no concern. 

Also, did you really buy a great wall psu?  those are average at best (I just read GN "it won't blow up" review) and it's just not adequate for the rest of your system, so if you have issues that's where I'd suggest to start. 

That psu is made for mining so imagine how stable must be to keep 3-4 gpu's... And I have only 1, so I don't think is the PSU... CPU is hungry as well and it's stable.

From what you have described you seem to be having possibly two totally different issues. Firstly for the graphics card underperforming. Simply telling us the settings and the FPS that you are running doesn't really tell us a lot. By this I mean that it is unlikeley that someone that has your exact setup is going to replicate your settings in game and see the FPS he is getting. Therefore, my advice is to use 3D Mark Time Spy test to validate the performance of your graphics card. If it falls in line with the performance of similar systems then it is fine. If not, then the post-test summary will serve as an indication where the problem might be. 

Regarding the RAM, some memory will have an XMP 1, which is the "normal," one and XMP 2, which is the "extreme" profile. Please be aware that XMP is deemed as overclocking and whether it works or not depends on three things - memory itself, motherboard and the memory controller of the processor. If either is not up to the task, then it will not work. In addition to that, having all memory dimm slots populated taxes the memory controller even harder, so it is normal that the extreme memory profile doesn't run and causes boot loops. Unless you want to fiddle around with overvolting your ram and loosening up the timings I would leave it in XMP 1. Do also keep in mind that loosening the timings too much might result in lower performance compared to lower clock speeds with tighter timings.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here