Unrealistic settings on GeForce Experience

werto165

I've been using Nvidia's GeForce experience for some time, usually the recommended setttings are quite good, however recently I "Optimised" it for BF4 and It set all the game details to ultra, on my 660ti I get around 25fps which is unplayable. I thought that Nvidia hand picked the settings for each video card, Is this a sign my video card is deteriorating? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

The AMD version uses real world data from players rather than an equation. I have used both and never liked the Nvidia recommendations. 

Nothing to see here - move along.

660ti is not made to play bf4 on ultra. You need at least a 770. GeForce Experience is for people that don`t know much about settings, I would not use it.

Lets not throw the atleast word at this everyone has there preferences for fps and detaills. But yeah GeForce experience takes information from everyone and it sometimes doesnt show a accurate representation of what settings you want

660ti is not made to play bf4 on ultra. You need at least a 770. GeForce Experience is for people that don`t know much about settings, I would not use it.

I have a 670 and run BF4 at above 60FPS on ultra, so "at least a 770" is bullshit.

Lets not throw the atleast word at this everyone has there preferences for fps and detaills. But yeah GeForce experience takes information from everyone and it sometimes doesnt show a accurate representation of what settings you want

No it doesn't. The AMD version looks at users with similar rigs and decides by looking at their FPS, the Nvidia version uses in house testing and various algorithms.

Nothing to see here - move along.

I have never found the Geforce Experience settings to be right for me. They always recommend settings that have the FPS potentially dropping down to 30 fps let alone lower. So while their settings are prettier than mine they aren't playable.

What I wish they would do is start to provide multiple different targets. I would love to be able to choose between 45-60, 99% 60, 99% 120. That would be a genuinely useful service, right now the only option seems to be 30-45 ish and that sucks.

#manualadjustingsettingsmasterrace. The only think I use GeForce Experience for is the LED controller. 

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

No, what you are saying is bullshit! 

How exactly is it bullshit? Have you tried playing the game with a 670, I think not.

What was ever wrong with adjusting the settings?  You only have to do it once....

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Experience is GARBAGE.

Tweak the settings yourself and learn what each thing does.