Just finished my second PC build, and for the first time I paid attention to the aesthetics. But I need a CPU cooler

JohnnyCash

So here is my PC, running an AMD Ryzen 5 3600.

I´m thinking of putting in RGB strips top and bottom but I need a CPU cooler.

What do you think I should buy? I´m thinking it will look better if it´s a white cooler.

AIO / Air dose not matter.

Thank You!

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

i can ttell if the fans are rgb, are they?

4 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

i can ttell if the fans are rgb, are they?

No they are´nt, it´s the light from the motherboard bouncing

The built in cooler is fine, but I understand why you would want to upgrade it as it is pretty load, not the best looking, and not the best cooling.

An AIO, especially in that case will be more effective but much more expensive.

I would recommend this as an AIO - Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE - as it is corsair RGB and it looks like those 2 fans at the front of your case are also Corsair RGB ones?

Or this one looks really good too - Asus ROG STRIX LC 240 RGB White

Or for an air cooler, this is a good one too, that is not as expensive as the AIO :

ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler

- this is great too but maybe slightly higher temps and noise than an AIO.

1 hour ago, Avocheeseado said:

The built in cooler is fine, but I understand why you would want to upgrade it as it is pretty load, not the best looking, and not the best cooling.

An AIO, especially in that case will be more effective but much more expensive.

I would recommend this as an AIO - Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE - as it is corsair RGB and it looks like those 2 fans at the front of your case are also Corsair RGB ones?

Or this one looks really good too - Asus ROG STRIX LC 240 RGB White

Or for an air cooler, this is a good one too, that is not as expensive as the AIO :

ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler

- this is great too but maybe slightly higher temps and noise than an AIO.

Thank you very much, I am not concerd about the cooling (although I might overclock in the near future) but it is mainly the aesthetics and most importantly the noise. The stock cooler is pretty much the only "source of sound" from my computer and I can hear it with headphones on.

EDIT:

So I looked at them all and the ROG is a bit to expensive.

I really like the other two as well but I´m not sure which one to go with, I don´t want the case to look too busy if you understand what I mean. The vertical GPU mount is lovely and it kinda looks good with the stock cooler but I´m not sure if a big bulky air cooler is going to look good. I might just settle for the corsair AIO. 

1 hour ago, mikestrong88 said:

The 240mm Asus Strix AIO would look dope in white. Could do push pull at the front of the case.

Yes I like that one but it is a little to expensive for me, I´m thinking around 150£ and I can´t find that one cheaper than around 180£ here in Sweden.

14 minutes ago, JohnnyCash said:

I really like the other two as well but I´m not sure which one to go with, I don´t want the case to look too busy if you understand what I mean. The vertical GPU mount is lovely and it kinda looks good with the stock cooler but I´m not sure if a big bulky air cooler is going to look good. I might just settle for the corsair AIO. 

I know what you mean, a bigger air cooler might make it look a bit busy with the vertical gpu. I think that corsair one would look great and if you are OK with the price, I would go for that

I am always recommending the super-cheap but great SNOWMAN coolers from AliExpress, like the M-T4.

I bought 3.

Have some thermal paste handy. Feel free to check YouTube videos if unsure. The shills actually did come good :)

18 hours ago, Avocheeseado said:

I know what you mean, a bigger air cooler might make it look a bit busy with the vertical gpu. I think that corsair one would look great and if you are OK with the price, I would go for that

Yes I think I might just settle down for that one, only thing I am worried about is weather it is gonna fit in my NZXT H510 case. Just looking at the case now makes me unsure, it´s not very much room between the front fans and the white cable cover (what ever it´s called).