Doom eternal breaks my computer.

Nick Neuburg

Just got doom eternal because it was on sale, but it does not work in the slightest. The first time I launched it it had a weird re and aspect ratio. The rest it just crashed my computer. Tried 3 times. I also tried turning down the graphics in geforce experience to see if that changed anything, but it didn't. In the morning I'm going to try installing new drivers but then I'm out of ideas.

3 minutes ago, Nick Neuburg said:

Just got doom eternal because it was on sale, but it does not work in the slightest. The first time I launched it it had a weird re and aspect ratio. The rest it just crashed my computer. Tried 3 times. I also tried turning down the graphics in geforce experience to see if that changed anything, but it didn't. In the morning I'm going to try installing new drivers but then I'm out of ideas.

Try verifying the integrity of the files too in Steam.

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

57 minutes ago, Nick Neuburg said:

Perhaps that will work.  If it doesn’t, if you want people to offer some ideas about how to make it work, we’re going to need to know what system it is in the first place.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

Exactly. Mention the specs first and foremost.

Its in my account 

7 hours ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

Exactly. Mention the specs first and foremost.

8 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Perhaps that will work.  If it doesn’t, if you want people to offer some ideas about how to make it work, we’re going to need to know what system it is in the first place.

Its in my account and they're good enough thats why I didn't mention them.