May I get some opinions on my home-office/family PC? (first time building)

snoopdoge27

Budget (including currency): $1000 CAD maximum

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Microsoft Office programs, general office use, web browsing, watching HD videos, and some light gaming. Meant to be a good long term investment, to save my parents a few hours (cumulatively over the years) while doing tasks. I might occasionally use it to host a Minecraft server to play with a few of my friends, as I currently use my laptop for that, and when I open other RAM intensive programs, the server slows down.

Other details: 

I made a shit ton of extra money this month and wanted to treat my parents with a new family computer (our Dell Inspiron desktop from 2013 finally died). They've always used low end PC's for their day to day usage, and I wanted to create a build for them that would last another 7-10 years, is relatively fast, has good video quality, and is able to handle low end PC games like CS:GO. I don't think I need a dedicated graphics card, as the PC won't be used very often for gaming. I made sure to pick up some parts that would allow the PC to boot as fast as possible, and be able to handle many office processes at once. 

I need about 4 USB ports in total, and ethernet is not an option, so I made sure to pick up a WIFI motherboard. This is my first time building a PC, but I'm sure I'll be fine as I've been watching LTT + PC build videos for years. I just want some opinions on whether the APU choice will be good here, and if there will be any incompatibilities with parts (I.E, MOBO needing a BIOS flash to be compatible with the processor), or if the case fans+CPU cooler will have enough headers. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I would not go with a 970 evo its way too overkill for an office pc.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Just my own nosey two cents... you don't have to listen if you don't wana...

1) Drop the hyper 212 evo... the stock AMD cooler will be just fine for this build.

2) Find a cheaper case

3) use the money you just saved from steps 1 and 2 and get a better monitor. 

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!