144hz monitor or new cpu?

Lilpete966

for christmas i asked for a 144hz msi optix c24g4, a nice high end curved monitor but after receiving the fixed RMA rx 570 i realized on games like rust, fortnight, csgo i get a bare minimum playable experience with a slight cpu bottleneck. but having gone through the trouble of accidently shipping it to our old address and having another one shipped, should i stick to the MSI 144hz Freesync monitor with cpu bottleneck or ask them to return it, get the ryzen 2600-3600 cpu and save up money for the remaining parts, approximately $155 and stick to my 60hz RCA tv for my monitor. keep in mind i still need a new desk since the one i have is too tall and small.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

my specs:                             what im looking to upgrade to:

rx 570                                   rx 570 (5500 xt in future)

i5 4590                                 ryzen 2600 or 3600

12gb ddr3 ram                     16gb ddr4 ram 3200mhz

250gb ssd                            250gb ssd

500w psu                             500w psu

Don’t see the point of a 144hz screen foe your current setup. Go for a new cpu/ram/mobo and then invest in a better

monitor & gpu down the line. Just my opinion.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Don’t see the point of a 144hz screen foe your current setup. Go for a new cpu/ram/mobo and then invest in a better

monitor & gpu down the line. Just my opinion.

ok and you dont think it would be rude to ask my parents to return it after already receiving it? also what CPU would pair good with rx 570 but be future proof because ryzen 5 3600 is the same price as ryzen 5 2600 and is better but i get more gpu bottleneck from the ryzen 5 3600 and for the gpu's im thinking of down the line is ryzen 3600 just overkill?

I disagree, in esports games you'll be able to maintain well over 60FPS, and even when you can't, Freesync will make the new monitor feel a lot smoother than the framerate would indicate.

Just keep the monitor and you can move on later down the line.

Just now, namedog said:

Just keep the monitor and you can move on later down the line.

ok thx for advice

Just now, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Personally, I'd have the monitor.

is there a reason behind it? or because its just a nice-have

1 minute ago, Lilpete966 said:

is there a reason behind it? or because its just a nice-have

Well, having the ability to up your fps to 144 frames will  offer a much smoother experience, and will feel so good, it will almost be like you've got a new GPU...sort of.

What is the resolution of the new monitor?

36 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Well, having the ability to up your fps to 144 frames will  offer a much smoother experience, and will feel so good, it will almost be like you've got a new GPU...sort of.

What is the resolution of the new monitor?

1080P

Buy one used on Facebook if you can, even if you have to drive to get it. I had a Sceptre 144Hz but it was a cheaper brand so the input lag felt weird. Just got a Acer KG271 for $100 used, going from 24" to 27" was the best choice I ever made. I am using it on a RX 570 8GB and i5-4570 build right now and don't regret it. #HatedCurved Maybe I am bias cause I grew up on flat CRT's and flat LCD's but it's subjective I guess.