CoD MW1/2/3 Campaign = Awesomesauce

NICKT

I actually very much enjoyed playing the storyline of CoD MW1/2/3 and will honestly claim I enjoyed it 10 times more than the campaign of BF4, the entirety of FFX/X-2/XIII/XIV and coming close to being on par with Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I don't have a single positive thing to say for CoD multiplayer, but I honestly believe that the storyline is one of the best in gaming and I am honestly thinking of re-purchasing the game for PC so I can enjoy the storyline again.
Plus those voice actors, makes me sad I've only got a young Aussie voice, no badass'ness for me. ;_;

The funniest thing, is I'm incredibly picky when it comes to everything, I find it very hard to enjoy anything and out of all aspects of a video game, I'm mostly hard on the writing and script, it's been a couple of years since I played the first two and I do believe I played the third at my older brother's when I got back from Queensland in 2013, so yeah, maybe if I played it now I may be a little more picky due to me becoming more of a cunt, actually, I shall try it, but from what I can recollect, one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Edited by MG2R

well yeah the only thing good about COD is the single player

i doubt anyone here disagrees

EDIT

try out CoD world at war (or what ever its called the one that took place in world war 2)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

you du Fed up most people here hate the cod series.

but to be honest how can you find the same story over and over fun? oh no the russians have a bomb again lets stop them oh no this guy got shot in the leg it gets boring the only cod game that i liked was cod 4

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

well yeah the only thing good about COD is the single player

i doubt anyone here disagrees

EDIT

try out CoD world at war (or what ever its called the one that took place in world war 2)

The only good thing about CoD is that it keeps a majority of the ragers and bad mouthed children busy and away from games that I like.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

The only good thing about CoD is that it keeps a majority of the ragers and bad mouthed children busy and away from games that I like.

This.

you du Fed up most people here hate the cod series.

but to be honest how can you find the same story over and over fun? oh no the russians have a bomb again lets stop them oh no this guy got shot in the leg it gets boring the only cod game that i liked was cod 4

Like I said, it's been a year since I last played CoD, so I may have become more of a cynical prick in that time, which of course means I will have to go back and replay the trilogy just to see if it stands up to my own memory and expectation of it, so you may be right, in that it's repetitive, but from what I can recall, I never really went into a moment feeling or thinking that I had done it before. That may change though, just prefacing at the moment.

This.

I've come across many a foul-mouthed person, child or not, in many games that I've played.

It's the nature of video games being aggressive, fast paced and competitive. I have to love when people always say CoD is bad and then I end up in several servers of Battlefield on PC and I'm getting teabagged and I see at least half a team acting like twats and talking shit.

This just makes me feel like people embody the concept of 'It's better because I like it' and nothing less when it comes to entertainment. If you don't like it, it sucks, and don't take that as I'm saying you can't have a negative opinion, like the gentleman above said, CoD may be repetitive, and I've noticed a video where they actually reused a cutscene, legitimate criticism I will accept if you're attempting to say it's bad, but just because it's "filled with prepubescent children who excessively inform you of how hard they banged your mother" is a stupid idea and I've never really approved of it. If you don't like it because of that? Fine, but to say it's the only redeeming quality? Well, then you're a twat.

Like I said, it's been a year since I last played CoD, so I may have become more of a cynical prick in that time, which of course means I will have to go back and replay the trilogy just to see if it stands up to my own memory and expectation of it, so you may be right, in that it's repetitive, but from what I can recall, I never really went into a moment feeling or thinking that I had done it before. That may change though, just prefacing at the moment.

I would advise against that if you really really liked the game, memories have a funny way of making things seem better than they actually were. I'm not saying that you didn't enjoy the game but if you go back and play you will constantly compare your current experience against what you "remember" and if you find it lacking you may become disappointed.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I would advise against that if you really really liked the game, memories have a funny way of making things seem better than they actually were. I'm not saying that you didn't enjoy the game but if you go back and play you will constantly compare your current experience against what you "remember" and if you find it lacking you may become disappointed.

On the contrary, I find that the perfect reason to go back and re-experience things. It's why I go back and listen to music I used to listen to, or play games I used to play, watch movies I used to like, and it's not because I'm hoping to relive the same experience, but for the most part it's because I've changed, I'm a different person and it's going into something with a different state of mind. There are a couple of games, couple of movies and couple of songs that I'll love until the day I die and no matter what, I won't stop liking them, despite the fact I've come to realize a lot of it sucks in terms of quality, but that aside, it's why I keep mentioning how it's been more than a year, and that I've become more cynical, it's so that if I went back into this it might be different, but I believe that's half the point, because it's not the product that's changing, it's you.

On the contrary, I find that the perfect reason to go back and re-experience things. It's why I go back and listen to music I used to listen to, or play games I used to play, watch movies I used to like, and it's not because I'm hoping to relive the same experience, but for the most part it's because I've changed, I'm a different person and it's going into something with a different state of mind. There are a couple of games, couple of movies and couple of songs that I'll love until the day I die and no matter what, I won't stop liking them, despite the fact I've come to realize a lot of it sucks in terms of quality, but that aside, it's why I keep mentioning how it's been more than a year, and that I've become more cynical, it's so that if I went back into this it might be different, but I believe that's half the point, because it's not the product that's changing, it's you.

I'm well aware of that but there is an element of disappointment that something isn't quite as amazing as you remember it being regardless of the fact that it hasn't changed at all. I would rather go on remembering something somewhat unrealistically so that any fond memories I have remain as they are, to each his own I guess.

I'm well aware of that but there is an element of disappointment that something isn't quite as amazing as you remember it being regardless of the fact that it hasn't changed at all. I would rather go on remembering something somewhat unrealistically so that any fond memories I have remain as they are, to each his own I guess.

I can understand and appreciate the sentiment and thought behind your opinion, it's respected.

cod singleplayer is good is because its like a Movie, so many epic/sad cutscenes that not any game have.

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

I would still maybe care if they were not to kill off the coolest character in the franchise :(

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

actually started replaying Modern Warfare series campaign last week. Its the only reason I play CoD and I never bothered playing the Multiplayer... :)