Intel i3, Intel Pentium or AMD A10?

as96

I want to build an HTPC, I already have the HDD and RAM (hopefully they still work), so AMD or Intel?

Will be used mostly for 1080p movies, on an old Samsung smart tv 40 inch LED, and also web browsing, but what if in the future I would like to play games on it? (probably I'm not going to, I have my gaming pc, though gaming on a big tv...) 

What is better? buy an i3 or a pentium and maybe upgrade it later with a dedicated GPU or just go for an AMD A10?

This are 2 possible builds:

whyvs3.jpg

or

30bmyyh.jpg

Or maybe go for a Pentium g3220 (€51), I also thought about doing a mini-itx build but is more expensive.

the i3 will serve you just right its a bit more powerfull than the a10 and you can upgrade later to a discrete gpu considering its about the same price for both builds just pick whatever u like i would go for the intel though

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

the i3 will serve you just right its a bit more powerfull than the a10 and you can upgrade later to a discrete gpu considering its about the same price for both builds just pick whatever u like i would go for the intel though

I know, using an i3 should leave more room for next upgrades, another question, my tv is also 3d (function that I never actually used, but...) if i want to use it do I need an nVidia card or I can just open a 3d movie and the tv is going to do the work?

I know, using an i3 should leave more room for next upgrades, another question, my tv is also 3d (function that I never actually used, but...) if i want to use it do I need an nVidia card or I can just open a 3d movie and the tv is going to do the work?

your tv drives the 3d nvidia 3d vision is for you just need the movie if you downloaded to use the 3d mode on the tv and if its a bluray 3d you can use something like

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/blu-ray-3d-3d-vision-3d-home-theater,2636-6.html

the HD4400 should be able to handle it

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

If anyone want to edit the build can use amazon.it or any other amazon with price in € 

Every suggestion is really appreciated  :)

Another 3 questions, if I buy an i3 now and get a GTX 750 or similar card in the future the CX430 will be enough? and the intel gpu could run games like trackmania nations forever, counter strike or similar games at low settings? and is the areocool ds cube enough? I don't want my CPU or GPU reaching 80°c  :rolleyes:

Another 3 questions, if I buy an i3 now and get a GTX 750 or similar card in the future the CX430 will be enough? and the intel gpu could run games like trackmania nations forever, counter strike or similar games at low settings? and is the areocool ds cube enough? I don't want my CPU or GPU reaching 80°c  :rolleyes:

The cx430 is easily more than enough.

Look up the iGPU and whatever game you're interested in to see what other similar configs performed at.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The price of the motherboard went up... should I stay with the same gigabyte board or get the msi h81m-e35?

The price of the motherboard went up... should I stay with the same gigabyte board or get the msi h81m-e35?

Just go with whatever is cheapest. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ummmmm how about save for an I5 or an fx 6300

The main use will be 1080p movies so an i5 is wasted.

With the i3 gpu I can't run games for sure, but is the steam game streaming ready yet? and is this enough to use it? my pc is in the signature.

Sorry for all this questions, but thanks for the answers  ^_^

The main use will be 1080p movies so an i5 is wasted.

yea, im just worried about bottle necks with the pentium 

yea, im just worried about bottle necks with the pentium 

What bottleneck?

What bottleneck?

idk, it just doesnt seem like you would have a great user experience with the pentium

idk, it just doesnt seem like you would have a great user experience with the pentium

It seems like you haven't used a modern pentium.

Next week I'm going to buy it, probably i'll do something like this:

34e7v5v.png

And upgrading later with a GTX 750 and maybe a blu-ray reader

I don't know if I should get an i3 or a pentium

I've found my old case (a k350), so I can save 70€