Will this motherboard work with the 5000 series?

NLamki

I have this motherboard  ASROCK B450M-HDV R4.0 and a 5 5600x (estimated delivery is tomorrow) So my question is, will the mobo support the cpu?

4 minutes ago, NLamki said:

I have this motherboard  ASROCK B450M-HDV R4.0 and a 5 5600x (estimated delivery is tomorrow) So my question is, will the mobo support the cpu?

According to ASRock's own website for the B450M-HDV R4.0, it supports Ryzen 5000 series CPUs with a BIOS update.

Since your original post wasn't clear, do you already have the board in your possession and inside an already working system or not?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

3 minutes ago, Chrysolite said:

According to ASRock's own website for the B450M-HDV R4.0, it supports Ryzen 5000 series CPUs with a BIOS update.

Since your original post wasn't clear, do you already have the board in your possession and inside an already working system or not?

yep, its in my case rn running a Ryzen 3 3200g

1 minute ago, NLamki said:

like an update through the actual bios or can I use Asrock's "app" ?

My ASrock board required me to download a ZIP file, unpack it, copy the file to a FAT32 formatted Thumb Drive, reboot with it plugged in, go into the BIOS, and update the BIOS from the file on the thumb drive.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

7 minutes ago, NLamki said:

yep, its in my case rn running a Ryzen 3 3200g

That's perfect. So what you're going to need to do is go here: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M-HDV R4.0/#BIOS and download the V4.10 BIOS. Then, go to https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS10 and follow the instructions to update the BIOS. You will need a FAT32-formatted USB drive to place the BIOS file on to update from the UEFI interface, as denoted in the instructions and as @Sarra pointed out.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

• 2 years later...

so i have this mobo r4.02 version it says it support ryzen 5000 series but it wont even post the gpu fans ramp to 100% and does nothing i reset the cmos and still nothing tried with different gpu and only 1 stick of ram still nothing then i tried to put in ryzen 7 2700x and it wont even turn on please help