"What is OBS"

Radium_Angel
5 minutes ago, Salvatore Lo Verso said:

But the problem happen like idle when using only OBS and Teams

What is OBS?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, AndreiArgeanu said:

I hope this is a joke.

I am unfamiliar with the term OBS, hence the question.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

I am unfamiliar with the term OBS, hence the question.

It's a popular piece of software used for recording and streaming. OBS stands for  Open Broadcaster Software. LTT has showed this in a couple of their videos.

Open Broadcaster Software®️ | OBS

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

It's a popular piece of software used for recording and streaming. OBS stands for  Open Broadcaster Software. LTT has showed this in a couple of their videos.

Open Broadcaster Software®️ | OBS

I generally don't watch LTT videos, for reasons that are not relevant to this thread.

Nonetheless, does OBS have a reputation for hard locking systems?

I'm wondering if the simultaneous use of OBS and Teams, trying to access the video stream at the same time, is causing a conflict.

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Nonetheless, does OBS have a reputation for hard locking systems?

No, it's used by everyone world wide, including LTT, and thousands of popular streamers and content creators. It's a free piece of software after all. I suspect as well it has something with OBS and Teams not working well together, but OBS doesn't have access to the actual video stream, it just screen captures the window or the entire screen.

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

It's a free piece of software after all

That means zero in context. There's bad free software and there's terrible expensive software. Price is immaterial to quality. 

But since Microsoft is involved in this problem, I'd point the blame on them just in general principle. 

to the original poster: Is Windows 10 fully up to date with the latest revision and patches?

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

That means zero in context. There's bad free software and there's terrible expensive software. Price is immaterial to quality. 

True, guess I was a bit misleading, because what I meant is that lots of people use it because its free (and of course because it's good) 

9 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

True, guess I was a bit misleading, because what I meant is that lots of people use it because its free (and of course because it's good) 

All good, no worries. Still haven't heard back from the OP yet, so unknown at this point in time about the OS, will keep watching this thread, see if he adds more info.

1 hour ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

I hope this is a joke.

why would that be a joke? no one knows everything...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

2 minutes ago, Sir Asvald said:

why would that be a joke? no one knows everything...

But there are certain expectations of what people know. I personally expected that most tech enthusiasts would know what OBS is. You never know when someone's pulling jokes on you.

Just now, AndreiArgeanu said:

But there are certain expectations of what people know. I personally expected that most tech enthusiasts would know what OBS is. You never know when someone's pulling jokes on you.

Being a tech enthusiast does not mean you need to know everything related to tech? I guarantee that most streamers don't even know what is inside their PCs let alone how it works. When something breaks, they probably have someone who comes and fixes their PCs. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

18 minutes ago, Sir Asvald said:

Being a tech enthusiast does not mean you need to know everything related to tech?

I never made that point, I just said that most tech enthusiasts have a basic understanding of tech and knowing big brands like Apple, AMD, Intel or what goes in a computer. The same way it's expected that a car enthusiast to knows at least what an engine is and what it does. Like I said before, I expect most tech enthusiasts to know what OBS is, and most PC tech enthusiasts do know what OBS is, I was just checking since it's pretty common to pull jokes, but I guess I should assume jokes and sarcasm don't exist from now on so people like you don't start assuming things.

18 minutes ago, Sir Asvald said:

I guarantee that most streamers don't even know what is inside their PCs let alone how it works. When something breaks, they probably have someone who comes and fixes their PCs. 

That is completely unrelated to the topic. Streamer does not always mean tech enthusiast.

16 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

I never made that point, I just said that most tech enthusiasts have a basic understanding of tech and knowing big brands like Apple, AMD, Intel or what goes in a computer. The same way it's expected that a car enthusiast to knows at least what an engine is and what it does. Like I said before, I expect most tech enthusiasts to know what OBS is, and most PC tech enthusiasts do know what OBS is, I was just checking since it's pretty common to pull jokes, but I guess I should assume jokes and sarcasm don't exist from now on so people like you don't start assuming things.

That is completely unrelated to the topic. Streamer does not always mean tech enthusiast.

My mistake, I meant to say OBS.

I was just checking since it's pretty common to pull jokes, but I guess I should assume jokes and sarcasm don't exist from now on so people like you don't start assuming things.

What does that suppose to mean "people like me"? from your comment there was no joke or sarcasm. Everyone has different levels of humor/jokes and you're joke clearly didn't work.. clearly @Radium_Angel didn't know what OBS is didn't get your "joke" either. 

Well, just like how OP is trying to fix his/her PC by using OBS and clearly he/she doesn't know what is going on and is requesting help.. (no offense OP)

*** Moderators note ***

This sidetrack was part of Troubleshooting thread:

Too much to be just removed, so I moved it as separated. I will also say that assuming everyone to know everything isn't really nice, or berating someone for not knowing things. Also going into derailing mode just for that is completely pointless. None of participants in this little side track really helped OP of the original thread in any way.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv