GTX 760 or R9 280?

Prodigydeadeye

Well which one? Performance wise. Yes I am aware of the current benefits of both systems. Keep it out of the comments. Mantle aside (because support is pretty slim right now).

I should be studying.

The 280 is better than the 760 just like how the 7950 has been. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The R9 280 will still beat the 760. 1972/2048 = 87.5% of a R9 280x. (OC that card TO THE MOON :D) And the 760 has 0.786259541984732798% of the performance that a 280x has. ( How i came to this conclusion? I refrenced 3d gurus reviews since they are the only one i know that always run the same benchmarks. I looked at Tombraider, Hitman Absolution, Metro Last Ligth and Crysis 3 played at 1200p. Then i took the average of the 4 games and devided the r9 280x avergae with the 760 average.) 

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_radeon_r9_280x_top_review,1.html

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_760_asus_directcu_oc_review,1.html

Both Asus both DCU2. 

Depend on the price. If 760 is significantly cheaper, go for that.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Jeez, stop fighting over this shit. Both are great high end graphics card and would run your Battlefield 3 at High in 1080. Isn't that the WHOLE GOD DAMN POINT

Jeez, stop fighting over this shit. Both are great high end graphics card and would run your Battlefield 3 at High in 1080. Isn't that the WHOLE GOD DAMN POINT

It's called asking for advice. No one's fighting. Maybe you replied to the wrong thread...

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

R9 280, just get that and overclock you will get near enough 7970/280x performance.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

Jeez, stop fighting over this shit. Both are great high end graphics card and would run your Battlefield 3 at High in 1080. Isn't that the WHOLE GOD DAMN POINt

were not fighting the fact of the matter is the r9 280 will beat the 760 but the 760 is great value for money