Cyberpunk 2077 AMD Driver crash?

Goldenhawk

Been playing Cyberpunk 2077 since launch, and despite all the backlash the game has received, I do enjoy it and continue playing even though my game crashes every hour or so. Unsure as to why the game is crashing for me, I own an AMD RX 5700 XT running the latest AMD drivers (20.12.1) currently. Tried reverting to an older version, but it doesn't seem to resolve my crashing in the game.

Basically, the crash consists of a frozen frame, of which proceed to go black alongside my secondary monitor, once it recovers both Cyberpunk 2077 and the AMD driver have crashed. Not very informative as to when this occurs, had it when walking, when shooting or simply driving.

Anyone else encountering these Issues on an AMD graphics card?

I had problems with my NVidia card and the problem was too high vRAM overclock. (Everything else ran fine. Even 3DMark ran multiple times without any problem)

Assuming you're running on stock, but nevertheless maybe worth trying lowering clocks.

I edit my posts more often than not

3 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

I had problems with my NVidia card and the problem was too high vRAM overclock. (Everything else ran fine. Even 3DMark ran multiple times without any problem)

Assuming you're running on stock, but nevertheless maybe worth trying lowering clocks.

Yeah, my RX 5700 XT runs at stock memory speeds. That's quite unusual for yourself though, I wouldn't want to touch my clocks however. As no else of my games present this issue, just Cyberpunk 2077. Thanks for the insight though.

A coworker of mine says Cyberpunk crashes every hour or so on his PS5... Not sure how this is going to help you, though...

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Running 5600X with 6900XT also getting crashes to desktop. Swapped in a 6800XT ,played a little longer ..but then crash to desktop. Same drivers.

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

On 12/18/2020 at 5:43 PM, Goldenhawk said:

Basically, the crash consists of a frozen frame, of which proceed to go black alongside my secondary monitor, once it recovers both Cyberpunk 2077 and the AMD driver have crashed.

It could be a driver crash,as long as it isn't a typical crash to desktop crash.

I had the game crash to desktop a few times,but after a few patches it's almost gone for me.

Seems like most players if not all experience CTDs.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

On 12/18/2020 at 5:43 PM, Goldenhawk said:

Been playing Cyberpunk 2077 since launch, and despite all the backlash the game has received, I do enjoy it and continue playing even though my game crashes every hour or so. Unsure as to why the game is crashing for me, I own an AMD RX 5700 XT running the latest AMD drivers (20.12.1) currently. Tried reverting to an older version, but it doesn't seem to resolve my crashing in the game.

Basically, the crash consists of a frozen frame, of which proceed to go black alongside my secondary monitor, once it recovers both Cyberpunk 2077 and the AMD driver have crashed. Not very informative as to when this occurs, had it when walking, when shooting or simply driving.

Anyone else encountering these Issues on an AMD graphics card?

I've got a 5700xt strix running stock and had zero issues until hotfix 1.05 now it crashes anywhere between a few mins and 30mins of gameplay for no apparently consistent reason. I'm waiting until next patch before even trying to play again.

Other than that I'm really enjoying it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 8:53 PM, Bouncewasp said:

I've got a 5700xt strix running stock and had zero issues until hotfix 1.05 now it crashes anywhere between a few mins and 30mins of gameplay for no apparently consistent reason. I'm waiting until next patch before even trying to play again.

Other than that I'm really enjoying it!

Hotfix 1.06 seemed to fix my problems, nothing else changed hardware or settings wise in my system and I've played a couple of ~2hr sessions with zero issues.