Corsair M.2 slowing down GPU ???

Hello, today my m.2 will arrive and I have found some things about it, and I am not really sure so I come here to ask because most of you people know better than me.

So I have read that this CORSAIR m.2 NVMe MP600  Corsair MP600 Force Series, 1 TB High-speed Gen 4 PCIe x4, NVMe M.2 SSD (Sequential Read Speeds of Up to 4,950 MB/s and Write Speeds of Up to 4,250 MB/s): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories can slow down the GPU.

I know only that right know it is PCIe x16 the GPU.. and after I will use this M.2 NVMe it will half it to x8 and use 2 of the sata ports??? That is what I found online.

The reason that I am here is to ask if that is true, and if it is, it is bad to lose from x16 to x8 ?? Will there be any problems with the performance of the computer ?

This is the motherboard I use ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming ATX Motherboard, AMD Socket AM4, Ryzen 3000 Ready, PCIe 3.0, M.2, DDR4, Intel GB LAN, HDMI, DP, USB 3.1, Aura Sync RGB: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I would appreciate a lot if I can get some answers , thank you everyone.. also sorry If i didnt write all the terms of the computer correctly or something, im just a basic pc guy, i know most of the things, but not everything ❤️

this changes from motheroard to motherboard, some more expensive ones don't have this problem, and the mp600 is gen 4, but the 400 series motherboards support gen 3, waste of money, so return it and get a mp510 of 970 evo

1 minute ago, Ankh Tech said:

this changes from motheroard to motherboard, some more expensive ones don't have this problem, and the mp600 is gen 4, but the 400 series motherboards support gen 3, waste of money, so return it and get a mp510 of 970 evo

so you mean it wont work on this motherboard at all ?

1 minute ago, TonnyM said:

so you mean it wont work on this motherboard at all ?

it will work, but wont be at advertised speed, like buying a mp600 but it is a mp510, gen 4 speeds only work with amd 500 series motherboards, for these speeds. Will work, but slower.

Just now, Ankh Tech said:

it will work, but wont be at advertised speed, like buying a mp600 but it is a mp510, gen 4 speeds only work with amd 500 series motherboards, for these speeds. Will work, but slower.

i mean i got it at a good price beucase i had a big discount, i dont really need to use all of the speed i mean.. i only use it for gaming and speed up the process, i have hdd rn and takes a lot to load, example, escape from tarkov, my friends load and they have to wait 1-2 minutes extra for me, i mean, ofc i will return it if i cant even get at least 3000-3500 someting mb/s 

2 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

basically i will use it only for gaming 

Just now, TonnyM said:

i mean i got it at a good price beucase i had a big discount, i dont really need to use all of the speed i mean.. i only use it for gaming and speed up the process, i have hdd rn and takes a lot to load, example, escape from tarkov, my friends load and they have to wait 1-2 minutes extra for me, i mean, ofc i will return it if i cant even get at least 3000-3500 someting mb/s 

you can, at best case scenario, but it will be a huge upgrade

1 minute ago, Ankh Tech said:

you can, at best case scenario, but it will be a huge upgrade

also can you please explain x16 vs x8 pcie ? how bad will the fps lost be? since it will half my gpu from 16 to 8

1 minute ago, TonnyM said:

also can you please explain x16 vs x8 pcie ? how bad will the fps lost be? since it will half my gpu from 16 to 8

what is your gpu, the x16 and x8 is the amount of lanes like in a highway, the more car lanes, the less traffic and more can reach place, same with gpu, it will give more info on more lanes, but most gpu don't utilise the full 3.0 x16 lanes, sp fps drop shouldn't be huge, but will e there and is based on resoloution and what games you play

what is your gpu, the x16 and x8 is the amount of lanes like in a highway, the more car lanes, the less traffic and more can reach place, same with gpu, it will give more info on more lanes, but most gpu don't utilise the full 3.0 x16 lanes, sp fps drop shouldn't be huge, but will e there and is based on resoloution and what games you play

i have a AMD RX 5700 XT Sapphire Nitro plus + 8 gb 

Just now, TonnyM said:

There will be no noticiable performance drop going from 16x to 8x with a 5700xt and in addition you SSD will be a gigantic upgrade over your HDD.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

3 minutes ago, TonnyM said:

then as stated above there will be no huge difference

4 minutes ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

There will be no noticiable performance drop going from 16x to 8x with a 5700xt and in addition you SSD will be a gigantic upgrade over your HDD.

thank you for the reply 

3 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

then as stated above there will be no huge difference

thank you very much for all the comments, just one more thing and i will be done, will i need to make any changes in bios after i add this nvme ?

Just now, TonnyM said:

thank you very much for all the comments, just one more thing and i will be done, will i need to make any changes in bios after i add this nvme ?

if you want it as a boot drive, remove windows from the hdd, reinstall it on the ssd, and clone from ssd to hdd if you'll remove it fully, if you'll keep it, do what I said without cloning, and reinstall any new games, then set the new ssd as a boot drive in bios, if you don't want it as a boot drive, just install it in

if you want it as a boot drive, remove windows from the hdd, reinstall it on the ssd, and clone from ssd to hdd if you'll remove it fully, if you'll keep it, do what I said without cloning, and reinstall any new games, then set the new ssd as a boot drive in bios, if you don't want it as a boot drive, just install it in

thank you