RTX3060Ti Underperforming

Desp567

Hey!

I recently did a build with an 3700X and a Asus 3060Ti.

Sadly, the 3060 performs a little bit lower then expected. In Time Splitters 3D Mark i can achieve around 10500 points and in Userbenchmark I am pretty behind the average score.

Im a little bit out of ideas; maybe some of you can help me?

Thanks in advance

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/36981509

grafik.png.7cc454271c7e6f6df567ceb08e22142b.png

grafik.png.8d1c83897bdd9f88ec44155e95fe033b.png

1 minute ago, Desp567 said:

Hey!

I recently did a build with an 3700X and a Asus 3060Ti.

Sadly, the 3060 performs a little bit lower then expected. In Time Splitters 3D Mark i can achieve around 10500 points and in Userbenchmark I am pretty behind the average score.

Im a little bit out of ideas; maybe some of you can help me?

Thanks in advance

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/36981509

grafik.png.7cc454271c7e6f6df567ceb08e22142b.png

grafik.png.8d1c83897bdd9f88ec44155e95fe033b.png

Don't trust or use userbenchmark. Very inconsistent benchmark software that makes no sense half the time

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

Don't trust or use userbenchmark. Very inconsistent benchmark software that makes no sense half the time

Sure, but what is with the 3D Mark score?

I get 11227 points in Time Spy with mildly oc'ed 10600k and mildly oc'ed RTX 3060 Ti

I edit my posts more often than not

Thanks. Yep im on the latest driver. 3D Mark rerun says also im behind average...

grafik.thumb.png.3e8374b5be7214afeec935749e8880b1.png

How’s your thermals?

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

Hm this score is a bit strange. If I read the gpu-z info correctly, I get the feeling the card may be a bit power limited. What's the rest of your pc like? Have you tried increasing the power target in MSI afterburner?

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Thanks! I have only the Ryzen CPU, an M2 SSD and the card in this PC -with an Corsair SF750. Should be sufficient, right?

No, power target is still stock but i will try right now

Hm im not able to raise power limit. Im on the newest Beta of Afterburner. When i raise power limit and save profile, the value is restored to 100% as soon as i load the profile...

Edit: Ah, im just stupid. Raised now directly to 108% and running Userbench plus 3D Mark.

@Desp567 Only compare your graphics score within the Time Spy benchmark.  The overall score is a combination of your graphics and CPU score.  Your 3700x will get outpaced by a few CPUs out there so your overall score could be potentially lower.  Additionally, your CPU will slightly impact your graphics score within that benchmark as well, so when comparing your graphics score to others, keep in mind that someone else's 3060 Ti may be paired with a CPU with higher single-threaded performance for the graphics portion of the test.  Overall, if you compare graphics scores to others, I think you'll find that you're not too far behind.  Good luck man!

Thanks a lot @done12many2. Yeah sure; i resetted Nvidia Graphic Driver settings to factory. Now results are improved and basically (plus minus 50 Points) the same with power limit normal and 108. Even if Userbench is not reliable, im now  perfectly in the average.

Screenshot 2020-12-17 010222.png

There seems an awful lot of people struggling to get the expected performance from the new 30 series cards, with them running games at significantly reduced fps etc...

I know, logic dictates these are but a handful of cases compared to the people having no issues...but, is it?

Are the people on the forum having issues just the ones who care enough to reach out, or just happen to regulars here to begin with?

Or, could there actually be a much larger amount of players having problems?

1 hour ago, Desp567 said:

Thanks! I have only the Ryzen CPU, an M2 SSD and the card in this PC -with an Corsair SF750. Should be sufficient, right?

No, power target is still stock but i will try right now

shout be. but prob isn't! you're already using 99%  power, sure putting more voltage might help, but you're pretty damn close to max out your poor psu already most likely. 

there's a reason most reviewers use high end 1000W PSUs. 

that said your score is probably normal, you need to compare with "same" hardware not just same gpu... also keep in mind with something like 3dmark you're competing against the top overclockers which, of course, will drag your score down - which in the end is rather irrelevant (it still says "great" btw, didn't you want to hear its "great"?) 

33 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

There seems an awful lot of people struggling to get the expected performance from the new 30 series cards, with them running games at significantly reduced fps etc...

I know, logic dictates these are but a handful of cases compared to the people having no issues...but, is it?

Are the people on the forum having issues just the ones who care enough to reach out, or just happen to regulars here to begin with?

Or, could there actually be a much larger amount of players having problems?

lots play also buggy, unoptimized, unfinished games, use insufficient PSUs because "3dguru said '550w' is ok" or its just otherwise inadequate (poor quality ) new, buggy drivers, etc... 

of course there will be issues... but I don't think there's a huge issue per say... wait until nvidia "totally unexpected" unleashes the 12, 16+ GB cards... if you wanna see "issues"  of people who already unwittingly, bought the current cards haha ;)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

shout be. but prob isn't! you're already using 99%  power, sure putting more voltage might help, but you're pretty damn close to max out your poor psu already most likely. 

there's a reason most reviewers use high end 1000W PSUs. 

that said your score is probably normal, you need to compare with "same" hardware not just same gpu... also keep in mind with something like 3d you're competing against the top overclockers which, of course, will drag your score down - which in the end is rather irrelevant (it still says "great" btw, didn't you want to hear its "great"?) -

Well, im unsure how i reach already 750W of the PSU - can you explain?

Nah, im not interested in hearing its great i want to see measurement 😉

9 minutes ago, Desp567 said:

Well, im unsure how i reach already 750W of the PSU - can you explain?

Nah, cause I didn't say that, and I can't know... I only said your psu is likely close to its limit already... 

10 minutes ago, Desp567 said:

Nah, im not interested in hearing its great i want to see measurement

well then look at it... without some overclocking it won't get any better from just looking at it tho lol. 

it works as expected, great even, there really isn't anything more I could tell you, you won't beat the top overclockers without some serious investments. 🤷🏼

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

22 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Nah, cause I didn't say that, and I can't know... I only said your psu is likely close to its limit already...

Sorry but with the TDP of an 3700 and the 3060 Ti?

24 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

well then look at it... without some overclocking it won't get any better from just looking at it tho lol. 

it works as expected, great even, there really isn't anything more I could tell you, you won't beat the top overclockers without some serious investments. 🤷🏼

Well, i pulled and reviewed a lot of reviews for the 3060 that all had an 11900 to 12100 3D Mark score in stock config with comparable CPU and Memory configs. Thats why i wondered...

5 minutes ago, Desp567 said:

Well, i pulled and reviewed a lot of reviews for the 3060 that all had an 11900 to 12100 3D Mark score in stock config with comparable CPU and Memory configs. Thats why i wondered...

and they didn't by chance have much better PSUs..? 

anyway just compare to *same* hardware, maybe that makes things clearer for you. 

Or post the link of your test then I can check it for you. 

from the looks of it your card maybe performs "slightly" lower than average, which still is 'ok' but I can't tell for sure without a proper comparison. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity