Strange thing with my new 3080

Boby

Previously i have owned 970 and 2070 super, today my 3080 (gigabyte gaming oc) came. And what i have noticed immediately is that with the 3080 the picture is more "focused" or "sharper" somehow and I'm not talking about games , its everywhere, windows , apps, browser, games every where. My monitor is the same and my DP cable is the same (probably 6 years old).

So i wondered, what is the cause for the better picture quality? could it be the new DP port version on the 3080 or something else, its very strange to me and i can't explain this, anyone else seen such thing?  its like i had tiny more blurred picture before and now is back to focus and i never seen such thing.

This is just a theory, maybe you never maxed your your monitors resolution and refresh rate. So, we you installed the 3080 it defaulted to the max resolution and refresh rate of your monitor. Also congrats on your 3080.

Maybe the sharpening is somehow enabled by default in your driver settings.

I did not experience such a thing when upgrading from a 1080Ti to my 3080.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Noob872 said:

This is just a theory, maybe you never maxed your your monitors resolution and refresh rate. So, we you installed the 3080 it defaulted to the max resolution and refresh rate of your monitor. Also congrats on your 3080.

No I'm developer not an idiot altho its close :), i know how to put my monitor to mex res... lol And i even put back the 970 just to test... its most certainty something going on. Maybe my monitor is picky or something idk.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Maybe the sharpening is somehow enabled by default in your driver settings.

I did not experience such a thing when upgrading from a 1080Ti to my 3080.

Nope its not driver sharpening, when i switched back earlier to 970 i triple checked all settings.

31 minutes ago, Lapampadoura said:

Maybe a faulty cable ? did you try another HDMI or DP cable ? 

Didn't try any different DP cable, same cable on all cards but i think its not the cable. I read this on Nvidia forums, as the guy had exactly the same issue.

"Okay the problem is that my main monitor has a blurry/ fuzzy resolution, I can see everything but it isn't clear. And when I move a program to the other screen it's totally clean. I never had this problem until I installed my new GPU (MSI geforce GTX 970 Gaming 100 ME). I switched cables, checked drivers and resolutions. After that I started searching in forums. But nothing has helped. "

It turned out its some bug in the drivers that is fixed only by DDU usage for full uninstall of drivers. Perhaps this is exactly what happened to me as i did DDU before installing the new 3080 and maybe the difference is from that.