TV headphones under $250

Thready

I have a Sony Bravia TV. I don't know the exacty model number but it's a 2019 TV and it was pretty expensive so I assume it has bluetooth.

I'm looking for a pair of headphones for movies. I'm not an audiophile but I want a decent, over the ear pair. On the ear hurts and earbuds bother me. I don't know anything about audio technology so you'll lose me with technical stuff.

My TV only has an optical output and it goes to my soundbar which doesn't have an option to split the connection. So I'm stuck with Bluetooth I guess, unless there's some way to split an optical connection.

Does bluetooth compress the audio to a large degree? What option would you go with in this case? I was looking at the Sony WH L600 but since I don't know anything about audio I don't want to invest $200 into headphones I know nothing about

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

2 minutes ago, Thready said:

it's a 2019 TV and it was pretty expensive so I assume it has bluetooth.

Before you buy some bluetooth headphones make sure your TV actually has bluetooth. It's not a good idea to assume anything, just because the TV was a certain price does not mean you should assume it has certain features.

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

Before you buy some bluetooth headphones make sure your TV actually has bluetooth. It's not a good idea to assume anything, just because the TV was a certain price does not mean you should assume it has certain features.

I just looked up my order on Best Buy and it's the X950H which it says about Bluetooth

Version 4.2; HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/SPP (Serial Port Profile)/A2DP (stereo audio)2/AVRCP (AV remote control)

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

HD 4.40, I have a pair and they are comfortable. I use mine with my PC for hours at end. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.