Pump power requirements

So, I am looking at this pump on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KPGS3XM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

spacer.png

And I notice that it has two connectors, one for power and one for PWM signal. I thought to myself, "aren't fan headers 12v?" Armed with this knowledge I googled for the standard about how many amps it could handle.  While I get some varying numbers nothing out there seemed to be below 1amp.  So I look at the pump again and it runs at 0.7a on 12v.  Which brings me to my questions:

Why do so many of these pumps not use the power from the header on the motherboard?

Would it be a bad idea for me to get this and mod it to run the power through the 4 pin AIO or CPU fan header on my ROG X570 motherboard?

So that pump you’re looking at draws a max of 0.7a?

Sounds like it would be ok for very small pumps like that if it doesn’t take much. 
Maybe ease of manufacturing if you only have one design overall and carry it over. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

22 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

So that pump you’re looking at draws a max of 0.7a?

Sounds like it would be ok for very small pumps like that if it doesn’t take much. 
Maybe ease of manufacturing if you only have one design overall and carry it over. 

Thanks for your reply.  So if I am reading this correctly, it is likely that they use two connectors because they want unity in their pumps that have higher current draw and that combining the connector to pull power from the header is (assuming they were correct that is only draws 0.7A) is not a stupid idea.  I will test the current draw before trying this as well as update this thread in case anyone else bought a pump with two connectors and thought it was stupid.

I tested it with my dmm and it only pulled 0.4 amps. So I hooked it to my aio pump header and it is running just fine.