Steering wheel camera 'detects angry drivers'

ETRJ

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26549273

A team in Switzerland said irritated drivers could be more aggressive and less attentive, and therefore assessing emotional state could improve safety.

Tests of the system showed promising levels of accuracy, the team said.

But one group representing the interests of drivers was not impressed.

The researchers from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne said their system "learned" to identify two emotions - anger and disgust - on the face of its test subjects.

Another use for the technology was said to be to detect driver fatigue by monitoring the percentage of eyelid closure.

'Row with their wife'

But in this scenario, the technology is a long way from being ready for use.

The team said it faced a challenge in making sure the emotion detection was reliable given that humans reactions and facial expressions can vary greatly.

Then when the car tells the pissed off person to calm down they get more angry. Yes good luck.

Shitty angry drivers and shitty people will always be just that. No piece of technology will ever change that, the only thing that will is themselves.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good think Brock doesn't drive a car

"monitoring the percentage of eyelid closure."

potheads all over the world, be warned.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

How about focusing on things that make the person angry in the first place, like BAD drivers, potholes, traffic etc. Here u just treating the symptoms not the cause. Wouldn't it also be unsafe if the person is concentrating on not trying to look angry rather than on the road, Stupid idea is Stupid.

they need to make a steering wheel that detects stupid drivers.  without stupid drivers there'd be a lot less angry drivers

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

The steering wheel is probably the worst place on the dash to install a camera, it would probably just work for guys angry because they just lost a 1/4 mile 

Then when the car tells the pissed off person to calm down they get more angry. Yes good luck.

Shitty angry drivers and shitty people will always be just that. No piece of technology will ever change that, the only thing that will is themselves.

You would think in this day and age, there'd be an autopilot for cars.

I can see something that tells me I'm angry just making me more angry.

Great so when the airbag goes off you get smacked in the head with a camera