What causing this AMD driver timeout error?

Curesto
57 minutes ago, Canman said:

I was having this same issue with my RX 560, every minute and a half or so the screen would just go black, sometimes it would just outright crash my game, but usually it would result in a loss of visibility for a few seconds and make certain games (Eg: Dirt Rally and Counter Strike) unplayable. This was a very frustrating issue on top of the others this computer faces, but after rolling my drivers back to this exact version I haven't had a single flicker since. I was very glad to find this issue wasn't connected to any others and was very easy to solve. Thank you for posting this solution!

Glad to hear it!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this driver timeout issue but im using ryzen 3 3200g with vega 8. I've been playing battlefront 2 and mad max but recently this started happening i get static screen. then i unplug hdmi plug it back in and i have the bug tool notification wtf do i do. my temps are fine running around 29-35C

I've been getting this since April of 2020 update. Screen flickers black then I get the AMD Bug Report.

All in all I have

updated  drivers

updated drivers to beta versions

AMD Cleanup Utility

Windows System File Checker

Rollback to December 19' AMD Update (system could not recognize the hardware change)

AMD Cleanup Utility

Install newest beta driver 21.5.1

Still getting Driver Timeout...:(

I wonder if there is a naked driver somewhere without the Adrenalin software or whatever its called now?

I had this problem today. It happened to me when I wanted to play mortal kombat 11 with directx 11 and the game crashed before I was in the game. Moments before this situation, I could play mk11 with not problems with directx 12. I tried to play mk11 but now with directx 12 and it crashed again. Then I switched games, tried to play dying light and it crashed one more time. I restarted my pc before I could try any online solution and the problem is not appearing now. I didn't try to play mortal kombat 11 with directx 11 again after this driver timeout error.

On 5/12/2021 at 9:58 PM, Iconoclast666 said:

I've been getting this since April of 2020 update. Screen flickers black then I get the AMD Bug Report.

All in all I have

updated  drivers

updated drivers to beta versions

AMD Cleanup Utility

Rollback to December 19' AMD Update (system could not recognize the hardware change)

AMD Cleanup Utility

Install newest beta driver 21.5.1

Still getting Driver Timeout...:(

I wonder if there is a naked driver somewhere without the Adrenalin software or whatever its called now?

I'm pretty sure this driver timeout errors mostly caused by the Radeon Software. There's should be a way to install drivers without Software.

I have a RX 5500 XT 4GB Radeon pulse, And I had the same driver timeout problem when using Netflix and youtube. I did all things I found on Youtube and amd site, After Lots of attempts I finally found a Fix myself. 

Go to Bios and changes these settings .

Enable - ioapic 24-119 entries

Primary Display - PCIE 

Enjoy. 

Thanks me later

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah, I have an rx580 8gb, the screen freezes, i can hear the video im watching and it happens randomly but when I have 2 youtube tabs open in chrome and then when i open another one. I unplugged hdmi and replugged it and i got the driver timeout thing. 

This has only happened once so i dont really care.

But i am going to ddu and run sfc /scannow.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue with my rx 6800 but strangely just leaving task manager open stops it

Same problem happened to me.... I'm having ryzen 5 pro 4650g ,an APU....... i was just opening the VLC media player which led to a black screen then came the error from radeon software that driver timed out..... i dont know what to do guyz...... can anyone help me with this?? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I am from Russia and I have the same error that looks like "

превышение времени ожидания ответа драйвера

". I have a video card Radeon r9 380, the error occurred in Assassin's Creed Odyssey. To solve it, you need the " amdcleanuputility-x64 " application (You can download it from the official AMD website) and old drivers, in my case " win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-19.12.2-dec12 " helped (You can google old drivers for your video card , available on other sites).
1. Boot into safe mode and enable the " amdcleanuputility-x64 " utility.
2. After its work, we boot again into safe mode.
3. In this mode, we install the old drivers, in my case, 19.12.2. (Your installation may not finish to the end. This is not a problem. If it has not finished, then the driver may already be installed, look in the device manager to see if your video card is detected in the video adapter, if yes, then everything is fine. If not, then maybe help installing a new operating system)
4. After we see the name of your video card in the task manager, we boot into normal mode.
5. Everything is ready! You can play!

P.S. I don't know what is causing the problem, I installed a new clean operating system on another computer and new drivers and got the same error. Most likely this is some kind of video card glitch, I do not want to understand further.

• 3 weeks later...
his happened to me tonight with the latest recommeded drivers

Custom Built Computer 

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Motherboard: Micro Star B450M Pro-M2 (MS-7B84)
Power Supply: Thermaltake 80 Plus Smart 700W
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Drive: Intel 660p NVMe PCIe M.2 512GB
Memory: Corsair DDR4 3200 2x8GB
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: Radeon AMD SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 580 Series 8 GB

2021-08-12 (2).png