I need help, please... anyone

DanielSmith

I have had my system for 8 months now and i have always had the issue reoccuring BSOD with a kernel error that always seems to be caused by my search engine when i run a BSOD diagnostic, no matter what bios/ driver updates I do

My system also as of the past month begins to BSOD, then mid way through everything goes black, the pc the seems to begin to restart however the cpu bios light stays on and the system will not reboot unless i reboot using the power button manually.

My specs are:

cpu-ryzen 5 3600

gpu-gigabyte geforce rtx 2070 super windforce oc 8g

mobo-msi x570 tomohawk wifi

cooler-Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum SE 240mm radiator

nvme pcie 3- samsung 970 evoplus 500gb

hard drive- seagate 2 tb

psu- corsair 750rm gold cert

My system operates on windows 10 64bit,windows 10 pro 20h2, i have reinstalled everything on my pc 4 times in desperate attempts to stop my reoccurring issues however none have been successful.

I have also replaced all parts except the cooler, which was installed 2 months ago, gpu, psu and mobo.

The issue i am having is that my computer will BSOD at very random times , however a couple reoccurring patterns are that the issue seems to be aimed at the search engine i use when i run Windbg no matter what search engine i use, it also more or less is listed as a kernel error whenever i run the WinDbg tool.

My system temps across the board are very stable with the cpu never exceeding 60 degrees, gpu never exceeding 70 and my nvme never exceeding 45-50 staying around 30-35 idle

Any other BSOD i have had i have been able to resolve however this BSOD is forever reoccurring and i have no idea how to resolve this. All my drivers are up to date and i have no software installed such as dragon center by msi, except for the nvidia geforce experience driver , which after further inspection has an unverified driver however i have found no fix for this online.

I am also doing no overclocks at the moment apart from xmp on my ram and my bios is up to date.

I have also had issues in the past with nvidia broadcast causing BSOD so that has also been uninstalled however I would appreciate if someone could help me make this work.

My system also never seems to crash when playing games and have not had an issue yet, playing games like minecraft, r6 and COD cold war.

My fear is that there is an issue with my mobo as i have read about issues with my specific mobo and other x570 mobos

I will leave some dumpfiles below however I am running out of ideas and i need some help,

thanks,

Dan

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kp4p30cw739g2ll/DMP.zip?dl=0

Link to zip file containing DMP Files

4 minutes ago, DanielSmith said:

I have had my system for 8 months now and i have always had the issue reoccuring BSOD with a kernel error that always seems to be caused by my search engine when i run a BSOD diagnostic, no matter what bios/ driver updates I do

My system also as of the past month begins to BSOD, then mid way through everything goes black, the pc the seems to begin to restart however the cpu bios light stays on and the system will not reboot unless i reboot using the power button manually.

My specs are:

cpu-ryzen 5 3600

hard drive- seagate 2 tb

My system operates on windows 10 64bit,windows 10 pro 20h2, i have reinstalled everything on my pc 4 times in desperate attempts to stop my reoccurring issues however none have been successful.

I have also replaced all parts except the cooler, which was installed 2 months ago, gpu, psu and mobo.

The issue i am having is that my computer will BSOD at very random times , however a couple reoccurring patterns are that the issue seems to be aimed at the search engine i use when i run Windbg no matter what search engine i use, it also more or less is listed as a kernel error whenever i run the WinDbg tool.

My system temps across the board are very stable with the cpu never exceeding 60 degrees, gpu never exceeding 70 and my nvme never exceeding 45-50 staying around 30-35 idle

Any other BSOD i have had i have been able to resolve however this BSOD is forever reoccurring and i have no idea how to resolve this. All my drivers are up to date and i have no software installed such as dragon center by msi, except for the nvidia geforce experience driver , which after further inspection has an unverified driver however i have found no fix for this online.

I am also doing no overclocks at the moment apart from xmp on my ram and my bios is up to date.

I have also had issues in the past with nvidia broadcast causing BSOD so that has also been uninstalled however I would appreciate if someone could help me make this work.

My system also never seems to crash when playing games and have not had an issue yet, playing games like minecraft, r6 and COD cold war.

My fear is that there is an issue with my mobo as i have read about issues with my specific mobo and other x570 mobos

I will leave some dumpfiles below however I am running out of ideas and i need some help,

thanks,

Dan

Hmmm. I don't know much, but I heard that 20h2 is very glitchy, so that might be it

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Unfortunately, I've already tried many of these hardware tests which all come back to say that the hardware is working fine, im still baffled 

7 minutes ago, DanielSmith said:

Disable XMP and see if that stops the BSODs, also run a memory test with something like Memtest86

Edit: Also what memory do you have? You didn't list it with the rest of the specs

I'd recommend doing a fresh install of windows if all else fails. Have you ever used a lockdown Browser?

4 minutes ago, jsugarman2005 said:

Hmmm. I don't know much, but I heard that 20h2 is very glitchy, so that might be it

how would i go to a previous or new stable version, im pretty new to pcs and thought this operating system was pretty standard

3 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

I'd recommend doing a fresh install of windows if all else fails. Have you ever used a lockdown Browser?

ive already tried this, however what is a lockdown browser?

5 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Disable XMP and see if that stops the BSODs, also run a memory test with something like Memtest86

Edit: Also what memory do you have? You didn't list it with the rest of the specs

already ran memory tests and the BSOD happens with or without xmp

edit: my memory is the Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 4 x 8gb

something that educational institutions use to prevent cheating. killed my last laptop. totally corrupted the OS. Kernal issues left and right, ended up basically bricking it...

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

something that educational institutions use to prevent cheating. killed my last laptop. totally corrupted the OS. Kernal issues left and right, ended up basically bricking it...

i don't believe i have anything like that installed, do you know what programme it was that corrupted it?

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

also @DanielSmith, what is the error code when it BSOD's?

IRQL less that equal or more commonly apc index mismatch

13 minutes ago, jsugarman2005 said:

also what version of windows would you recommend I switch to?

so IQRL errors are usually memory or driver related. do you know if you are running the most current drivers for your equipment?

what RAM are you running.

Just now, BiotechBen said:

so IQRL errors are usually memory or driver related. do you know if you are running the most current drivers for your equipment?

what RAM are you running.

I've been on top of my driver updates and my ram is Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 4 x 8gb

I've seen that error code pop up on an older workstation that had mismatched drivers for the video card. An old quadro with windows 10 via windows 7 upgrade. 

5 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

I've seen that error code pop up on an older workstation that had mismatched drivers for the video card. An old quadro with windows 10 via windows 7 upgrade. 

what do you suggest I should try, downgrading to a more stable windows version

1 hour ago, DanielSmith said:

what do you suggest I should try, downgrading to a more stable windows version

I'm not entirely sure that you downgrading will help.

Start Menu > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Here you will see Go back to an earlier build section, with a Get started button. Click on it. The process to revert your Windows 10 back will commence.

I would honestly start with rolling back drivers to a previous version for your 2070 and see if that does anything first. those are easy to fix... then boot and run windows with one RAM stick at a time to see if a particular stick is causing the problem. sometimes windows can be really dumb with its checks. the bricked laptop it said had a failed battery on one test, then on the next said it was in perfect condition.

10 hours ago, DanielSmith said:

also what version of windows would you recommend I switch to?

I really have no idea, I don't know a ton about software, but I am on the KB4592438 from Dec. 8

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Just now, jsugarman2005 said:

I really have no idea, I don't know a ton about software, but I am on the KB4592438 from Dec. 8

ok thanks for your help

8 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

I would honestly start with rolling back drivers to a previous version for your 2070 and see if that does anything first. those are easy to fix... then boot and run windows with one RAM stick at a time to see if a particular stick is causing the problem. sometimes windows can be really dumb with its checks. the bricked laptop it said had a failed battery on one test, then on the next said it was in perfect condition.

gonna try this now if all else fails, cheers for your help

Just now, DanielSmith said:

ok thanks for your help

No problem, sorry if it was not super helpful.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 2:46 AM, DanielSmith said:

My specs are:

cpu-ryzen 5 3600

hard drive- seagate 2 tb

thanks,

Dan

Update:

I have now replaced my gpu with a old gpu I had laying around (until i can get my hands on a 3070 thats not at scalper prices) and the problem of bluescreens with a blackscreen cutting it off is still persistent.

I am now in the process of replacing my power supply encase that was at fault with not supplying enough power to the components. If after I have done this the issue is still persistent then I will have to replace my motherboard with it being the only part of the system I have not replaced.

If after all this I still have the same issue then ill be utterly confused and out of ideas.

On a side note, does anyone know in the UK where I can get my hands on a rtx 3070 at a decent price or does anyone when stocks will be sufficient enough for the demand,

Thanks for all your help,
Dan