Epic Games Launcher not launching giving error: unsupported graphics card

20 minutes ago, Xeipher said:

I forgot to ask if you downloaded only the first file or both? because if you downloaded the 2nd one as stated here from what i quoted its not gonna be applicable so download only the 1st file see if that works.

Yeah, I tried that as well, thanks anyway though. I'll just wait and see if Epic addresses the issue.

9 minutes ago, drejjy said:

Yeah, I tried that as well, thanks anyway though. I'll just wait and see if Epic addresses the issue.

well that sucks yea i hope EPIC does fix this without going through that..

1 hour ago, stefan6u said:

thanks it worked, but when you open settings everything is so blurry

Screenshot_732.png

same here bro

9 hours ago, HarsecX said:

Solution.

Right-click your Epic Games Launcher shortcut

Click Properties.

At the end of the target line, add -OpenGL.

Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe" -OpenGL

Click Apply.

Thanks! Adding " -Open GL" worked. I also run the program as administrator afterwards. 

Ok, so in start type sfc, click on the sfc.exe, it'll pop that and run it. Then the epic lancher will launch.

So its a registry checking issue. And that there is hard limit of my computer knowledge 😂

Its a pain but I could live with doing this every boot.

i'm still curious though if EPIC actually is working on fixing this right now since some of you reported this already so i'm waiting to see what they say about it.

8 hours ago, Xeipher said:

i'm still curious though if EPIC actually is working on fixing this right now since some of you reported this already so i'm waiting to see what they say about it.

I've been in contact with their support team from the very beginning, they claim that they are working on it, however it appears to me that they are just as clueless as we are.

30 minutes ago, drejjy said:

I've been in contact with their support team from the very beginning, they claim that they are working on it, however it appears to me that they are just as clueless as we are.

if they are really working on it then, perhaps those weren't able to fix the issue with the -OpenGL should be able to login without having issues.

the sfc (system file checker) and the the -OpenGL is now not working for me.

The same problem had arisen two years ago. Even then, many people complained and sought a solution to all this. All the solutions you find on the internet are incorrect, and if they are correct then they work temporarily and the problem reappears. You're just wasting your time looking for a solution, give them some time and they will solve the problem. I don’t think they’ll just ignore the problem, if they already worked on it two years ago, then they will do it even now. 

2 hours ago, Alphakat said:

The same problem had arisen two years ago. Even then, many people complained and sought a solution to all this. All the solutions you find on the internet are incorrect, and if they are correct then they work temporarily and the problem reappears. You're just wasting your time looking for a solution, give them some time and they will solve the problem. I don’t think they’ll just ignore the problem, if they already worked on it two years ago, then they will do it even now. 

The epic games customer service has notified me that they've released an 'update' that should fix these issues, however it didn't fix anything for me, lol. 

This application is a piece of garbage. Now it's using 90% of my CPU when it's not minimized lol

image.thumb.png.ceab99086598271fad5efee5aaa64e6b.pngWhen I did OpenGl fix I could open laucher, but it would crash instant, after Windows update this Unreal Engine crash report is poping 

I had the same problem and i fixed by deleting webcache from my epic games launcher then I restarted my pc and i fallowed instructions from epic games tech support. Here is the link: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-games-store-c73/launcher-support-c82/windows-7-unsupported-graphics-card-error-a7685

On 12/11/2020 at 6:30 PM, Syed Zaid Ahmed said:

Kindly guide me how to fix this error.

System specs:

Core i3 2120

8 GB RAM

GPU = AMD Radeon R5 240

OS = Windows 7

I know I am using Win7 but the system requirements for the launcher is even lower.

have tried everything updating all drivers, tried reinstalling still getting this error.

this msg always pops-up when I tried to launch epic games launcher and it crashes.

Unsupported graphic card error when launching - UE4 AnswerHub

So i found a fix. Just go to the properties of you epic launcher.exe and in the target line add -opengl

Мне помог этот способ!!! 1. Щелкните правой кнопкой мыши ярлык Epic Games Launcher. 2. Щелкните Свойства. 3. В конце целевой строки добавьте -opengl. Пример: «C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Epic Games \ Launcher \ Portal \ Binaries \ Win32 \ EpicGamesLauncher.exe» -opengl

P.S Способ я нашёл в комментариях на youtube, делюсь с вами, что бы помочь всем.

They texted me this morning and said the problem was solved. I don't know what exactly happened, but my launcher worked normally. I tried to run some games like Rocket League, FM20, FM21 and they worked. The only thing I noticed is that all my saved files from FM20 & FM21 have been deleted. Also, there are still problems, the games crash after 15-20 minutes of playing, which means that the problem is still not completely solved. Looks like they fixed something after all, but not completely. I hope your launchers are working properly and if not then I'm sure they are working on it, just be patient. Peace...

solution : Reinstall the system to windows 10, download the drivers via the windows installer and the problem disappears. This solution helped me;) I just had to download windows studio or something.

It's just that windows 7 is old and epic can't cope with it ;(.
Regards, DrCzurak

My computer is new. 

5 hours ago, Alphakat said:
They texted me this morning and said the problem was solved. I don't know what exactly happened, but my launcher worked normally. I tried to run some games like Rocket League, FM20, FM21 and they worked. The only thing I noticed is that all my saved files from FM20 & FM21 have been deleted. Also, there are still problems, the games crash after 15-20 minutes of playing, which means that the problem is still not completely solved. Looks like they fixed something after all, but not completely. I hope your launchers are working properly and if not then I'm sure they are working on it, just be patient. Peace...

So you had the "Unsupported graphics card" message all the time and it started working today?

• 4 weeks later...

From bad to worse.
I had it so the Epic Games Launcer would open after I ran sfc.exe, then I could open Fortnite from the library. It ran fair, crashed a bit, lingering long crashes. Fortnite, Unreal or Epic, all 3 would take turns.

Still need to run sfc.exe open Epic and launch from library, Now with update v15.20 I can play for about 5 mins and the game crashes and instantly back to my main screen.
Trying to fix this i saw there was an Nvidia update so I installed that. I even swapped the 680 out for a 1070 i got a few weeks ago.

This is poor form from Epic, I've got no choice but to get the update to windows 10 happening. Poor form that a game so old and crap looking would need that.