Epic Games Launcher not launching giving error: unsupported graphics card

Kindly guide me how to fix this error.

System specs:

Core i3 2120

8 GB RAM

GPU = AMD Radeon R5 240

OS = Windows 7

I know I am using Win7 but the system requirements for the launcher is even lower.

have tried everything updating all drivers, tried reinstalling still getting this error.

this msg always pops-up when I tried to launch epic games launcher and it crashes.

Unsupported graphic card error when launching - UE4 AnswerHub

Your system meets the minimum system requirements of epic games launcher so probably the application did not install properly.

Just now, Kanibro loves computers said:

Try reinstalling

it was working properly till this morning but after launcher update it starts giving this error and started crashing

1 hour ago, Syed Zaid Ahmed said:

funzionava correttamente fino a questa mattina, ma dopo l'aggiornamento del programma di avvio inizia a dare questo errore e ha iniziato a bloccarsi

I have the exact same problem as you. i also have windows 7 and now i don't know what to do. I've tried them all

I have the same problem too. I was able to open the launcher normally until yesterday morning. Then, it stoped working for no reason. I tried every tutorial on youtube... I've update my drivers and so on. I also have windows 7...

I am having the exact same issue.
I was playing Fortnite last night and on top of the game screen flashed up an update for nvidia. I do not recall clicking it, I am not even sure I had the Nvidia experience installed.

Turn the computer on today and I get the exact same error as above.

I tried the disable and enable display adaper. I tried the, right click on shortcut, properties, in the target line adding, space, -nosettingslimits and -nosettingslimitslow also -dx9 -dx10 -dx11 and OpenGL and a combo of those.

I also tried altering the compatibility mode back to Vista then back to XP. No change. I put it back on Windows 7.

PC on PC off, I even took it and blew it out and reseated things.

I did a fresh install of Nvidia Experience. Its running version 460.79, ive reinstalled that driver 3 times. It will not launch Fortnite from in the NE page but it will tell me about my epic settings I can use (on my spare tiny monitor as the other one is off for a warranty replacement check).

Im on direct x 11.

i5-4590 Z97X gaming3 16gb GTX980 Windows 7 ultimate thats not very well updated.

looking in the error reporting to windows for crashes, theres a list of ones from the Unreal engine for today and they all list program compatibility.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 minute ago, Maluck said:

Anch'io ho lo stesso problema. Sono stato in grado di aprire il programma di avvio normalmente fino a ieri mattina. Quindi, ha smesso di funzionare senza motivo. Ho provato tutti i tutorial su youtube ... ho aggiornato i miei driver e così via. Ho anche Windows 7 ...

we have the same problem so ... I don't know what to do. I spent the morning trying but nothing to do

2 minutes ago, boozathedog5 said:

Sto avendo lo stesso esatto problema.
Stavo giocando a Fortnite la scorsa notte e in cima alla schermata di gioco è apparso un aggiornamento per nvidia. Non ricordo di averlo cliccato, non sono nemmeno sicuro di aver installato l'esperienza Nvidia.

Accendi il computer oggi e ottengo lo stesso identico errore di cui sopra.

Ho provato a disabilitare e abilitare l'adaper display. Ho provato, fare clic con il tasto destro sul collegamento, proprietà, nella riga di destinazione aggiungendo, spazio, -nosettingslimits e -nosettingslimitslow anche -dx9 -dx10 -dx11 e OpenGL e una combinazione di questi.

Ho anche provato a modificare la modalità di compatibilità su Vista e poi su XP. Nessun cambiamento. L'ho rimesso su Windows 7.

PC su PC spento, l'ho persino preso, l'ho spento e ho riposizionato le cose.

Ho eseguito una nuova installazione di Nvidia Experience. La sua versione in esecuzione 460.79, ho reinstallato quel driver 3 volte. Non avvierà Fortnite dalla pagina NE ma mi parlerà delle mie impostazioni epiche che posso usare (sul mio minuscolo monitor di riserva mentre l'altro è spento per un controllo di sostituzione in garanzia).

Sono in diretta x 11.

i5-4590 Z97X gaming3 16gb GTX980 Windows 7 ultimate non è molto ben aggiornato.

cercando nella segnalazione degli errori a Windows per gli arresti anomali, c'è un elenco di quelli dal motore Unreal per oggi e tutti elencano la compatibilità del programma.

Qualsiasi aiuto sarebbe apprezzato.

apparently it's a common problem, and if no one has been able to fix it in any way I hope the epic will fix it.
The thing is, I saw a warning from epic's louncher this morning to update the louncher and restart. I did it and I think that is the cause but I don't know anything about it

2 minutes ago, brottegaz said:

apparently it's a common problem, and if no one has been able to fix it in any way I hope the epic will fix it.
The thing is, I saw a warning from epic's louncher this morning to update the louncher and restart. I did it and I think that is the cause but I don't know anything about it

Mine may have updated in the background. Perhaps 24hrs ago when I was playing, as it crashed out so I went to bed.
I am about to submit a support request to Epic Games.

4 minutes ago, boozathedog5 said:

Mine may have updated in the background. Perhaps 24hrs ago when I was playing, as it crashed out so I went to bed.
I am about to submit a support request to Epic Games.

i already made the request to epic. Do it to! they might consider our problem.
For the reports, please make a request to epic on this site and explain the problem!
thanks!
https://www.epicgames.com/help/it/supporto-tecnico-c90

I turned my computer on today and I get this message.
"Unsupported Graphics Card.
There is a problem with your graphics card. Please ensure your card meets the minimum system requirements and that you have the latest drivers installed." The launcher will not launch, I just get that error box.
I know my computer will run Fortnite fine, I have played it plenty.
i5-4590 Z97X gaming3 16gb GTX980 Windows 7 ultimate. Im on direct x 11.
I tried, Control Panel-Device Manager- disable and enable display adaper. Reboot PC.
PC on PC off quite a few times, I even took it and blew it out and reseated things.
I tried, right click on shortcut, properties, in the target line adding, space, -nosettingslimits and -nosettingslimitslow also -dx9 -dx10 -dx11 and OpenGL and a combo of those, as I had found this suggested as a fix on the internet from years ago. Text is back to as found.
I also tried altering the compatibility mode back to Vista then back to XP. No change. I put it back on Windows 7.
I did a fresh install of Nvidia Experience. I am now running driver version 460.79 I have reinstalled that driver 3 times. It will not launch Fortnite from in the Nvidia Experience page but it will tell me about the epic settings I can use (on my spare tiny monitor as the other one is off for a warranty replacement check).
Looking in the error reporting to windows for crashes, theres a list of ones from the Unreal engine for today and they all list Program Compatibility. What did you do in the latest update??
The best I could find online was a recent thread with a handful of folks, all reporting the same issue, all running windows 7.
Please fix the issue. I spent what was meant to be an evening playing Fortnite with my Daughter, chasing my tail about for no reason. We both play on my dime. Thanks.

Done, I sent the above /\ ⬆️

3 minutes ago, boozathedog5 said:

Done, I sent the above /\ ⬆️

lets wait for news or other players with the same problem...let's keep up to date

i sent the request to epic too. Let's wait... =/

22 minutes ago, Dan322 said:

Stesso problema 

can you send a report too? i have sent the link

Hey guys! I have also the same problem. Did it happen to you also somewhere around today's morning? I wasn't near the PC but when I came back I noticed the "Unsupported Graphics Card" message. Someone above said that it may have something to do with an update, I guess my epic launcher also updated when I wasn't near my PC. What GPU do you have? I have GTX 1060 6GB

5 minutes ago, snoopdogg_tg said:

Hey ragazzi! Ho anche lo stesso problema. È successo anche a te da qualche parte intorno alla mattina di oggi? Non ero vicino al PC ma quando sono tornato ho notato il messaggio "Scheda grafica non supportata". Qualcuno sopra ha detto che potrebbe avere qualcosa a che fare con un aggiornamento, immagino che il mio epic launcher si sia aggiornato anche quando non ero vicino al mio PC. Che GPU hai? Ho GTX 1060 6 GB

I have a gt 1030 and it works perfectly and in any case yes, the problems started to everyone this morning and nobody solved the problem even if we tried them all, because maybe epic games has published a version of the louncher not compatible for windows 7. who knows .

21 minutes ago, brottegaz said:

can you send a report too? i have sent the link

I sent a report now

1 minute ago, snoopdogg_tg said:

I have one more question - are you all on Windows 7?

according to our reports it seems so

Guys, I've the same problem. I was playing yesterday, and today is nothing...

6 minutes ago, snoopdogg_tg said:

I have one more question - are you all on Windows 7?

I was wondering that too...I've already said, I'm on windows 7!