Epic Games Launcher not launching giving error: unsupported graphics card

1 hour ago, HarsecX said:

Solution.

Right-click your Epic Games Launcher shortcut

Click Properties.

At the end of the target line, add -OpenGL.

Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe" -OpenGL

Click Apply.

Thank you this has worked for me, can open the launcher and rocket league now.

Thank You

30 minutes ago, Xeipher said:

mine just changed a new error message which is EPIC launcher stopped working..

Me too...

46 minutes ago, Dalae said:

It works for me...partially.

I can run the Launcher and the current games, but i noticed i can't update the launcher or install any new game without the error popping and the launcher crashing. Is the same for you?

Same here

I got a reply from epic.

1.Right-click the Epic Games Launcher shortcut
2. Click Properties.
3. At the end of the target line, add -nocefaccelpaint. Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe" -nocefaccelpaint
4.Click Apply.
5. Try to launch the launcher.

It did not work and I cannot reply as my email (thunderbird) has decided to not want to find the outgoing server to send mails from the address linked to my epic account.

So im relying on someone here to let us know the fix when they sort it out.

I had tried OpenGL but not -OpenGL so I will give that a go.

5 minutes ago, boozathedog5 said:

Ho ricevuto una risposta da epic.

Non ha funzionato e non posso rispondere in quanto la mia email (thunderbird) ha deciso di non voler trovare il server in uscita per inviare mail dall'indirizzo collegato al mio account epic.

Quindi mi affido a qualcuno qui per farci sapere la soluzione quando la risolveranno.

Avevo provato OpenGL ma non -OpenGL, quindi ci proverò.

i am also stuck and -OPenGL doesnt work

IDK if this will work but somehow mine worked with a different method which is funny because i just downloaded Destiny 2 and was giving me that failed to intialize graphics thing and somehow i found this method where you need to download a service pack for windows 7.

i basically just downloaded this pack on this link : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

and after installing and told me to restart my PC my EPIC launcher suddenly worked well now hope this helps.

2 hours ago, HarsecX said:

Solution.

Click Properties.

Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe" -OpenGL

Click Apply.

YOU ARE REAL KING BRO !! THANK YOU SO MUCH 

2 minutes ago, Xeipher said:

IDK if this will work but somehow mine worked with a different method which is funny because i just downloaded Destiny 2 and was giving me that failed to intialize graphics thing and somehow i found this method where you need to download a service pack for windows 7.

i basically just downloaded this pack on this link : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

and after installing and told me to restart my PC my EPIC launcher suddenly worked well now hope this helps.

FINALLY!!! 

i have delelte ALL  the folders about Epic from my pc and reinstall Epic and add -openGL and it finally work

11 minutes ago, brottegaz said:

FINALLY!!! 

i have delelte ALL  the folders about Epic from my pc and reinstall Epic and add -openGL and it finally work

so you downloaded that pack i linked and it worked as well?

Solution.

Click Properties.

Click Apply.

Love you man <3

Решение.

Щелкните правой кнопкой мыши ярлык Epic Games Launcher.

Щелкните Свойства.

В конце целевой строки добавьте -OpenGL.

Пример: «C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Epic Games \ Launcher \ Portal \ Binaries \ Win32 \ EpicGamesLauncher.exe» -OpenGL

Щелкните Применить.

Огромное спасибо, благодарю Вас, помогло 

1 hour ago, Xeipher said:

so you downloaded that pack i linked and it worked as well?

It works for me! Thank you so much!

ty bro 

It's working, thx

Damn man it worked!!! Thanks a lot

Yay, the -OpenGL worked for me.

I had an issue a few weeks back. Gave a different warning/message, thats was due to a lack of updates that covered some new security protocols. Google found me the two updates I needed to get. Not sure if they were the one below.

I have the same problem. I am running  Win 7 64 bit, and I've tried everything you guys have stated. The only change I've noticed is with "OpenGL" however, instead of giving me the graphics card notification it just doesn't launch. I've sent a report to Epic Games, since I think i've hit a wall at this point. 

18 minutes ago, drejjy said:

I have the same problem. I am running  Win 7 64 bit, and I've tried everything you guys have stated. The only change I've noticed is with "OpenGL" however, instead of giving me the graphics card notification it just doesn't launch. I've sent a report to Epic Games, since I think i've hit a wall at this point. 

you should try downloading this win 7 pack and let me know if it works because i had the same problem that you did but after doing what i said earlier if you read through the comments it should work properly after downloading it then putting the -opengl. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

4 minutes ago, Xeipher said:

you should try downloading this win 7 pack and let me know if it works because i had the same problem that you did but after doing what i said earlier if you read through the comments it should work properly after downloading it then putting the -opengl. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

I have, and this happens:  image.thumb.png.82bf805a50ca321e39af12c216f27d2c.pngAlso I'm not actually running Win 98, it's just a skin lol

31 minutes ago, drejjy said:

I have, and this happens:  image.thumb.png.82bf805a50ca321e39af12c216f27d2c.pngAlso I'm not actually running Win 98, it's just a skin lol

weird i never really came across that so idk what to do with it...

5 hours ago, HarsecX said:

Solution.

Click Properties.

Click Apply.

thanks it worked, but when you open settings everything is so blurry

Screenshot_732.png

OK nvm its not fully fixed i just found out today that if you try opening the client again after you exit its gonna give a EPIC game launcher crashed over and over again unless you logout and login your windows account.

5 hours ago, Dalae said:

It works for me...partially.

I can run the Launcher and the current games, but i noticed i can't update the launcher or install any new game without the error popping and the launcher crashing. Is the same for you?

3 hours ago, Xeipher said:

Ok, installing the first file from the link (the second one gave me a message of "not applicable") allowed me to update the Launcher and install new games. I removed the "-OpenGL" from target line and it seems to work all right.

Thank you everybody.

16 minutes ago, Dalae said:

Ok, installing the first file from the link (the second one gave me a message of "not applicable") allowed me to update the Launcher and install new games. I removed the "-OpenGL" from target line and it seems to work all right.

Thank you everybody.

24 minutes ago, Xeipher said:

OK nvm its not fully fixed i just found out today that if you try opening the client again after you exit its gonna give a EPIC game launcher crashed over and over again unless you logout and login your windows account.

LOL thanks nvm what i said about this one thanks for letting me know that you need to remove -OpenGL after downloading  and installing that package so that way it doesn't crash everytime you open it manually.

1 hour ago, drejjy said:

13 minutes ago, Dalae said:

Thank you everybody.

I forgot to ask if you downloaded only the first file or both? because if you downloaded the 2nd one as stated here from what i quoted its not gonna be applicable so download only the 1st file see if that works.