Epic Games Launcher not launching giving error: unsupported graphics card

And now with a new round of updates, im back to square one. Nvidia experience updated. Havent played for a few days since. Then the epic launcher says it needs to update but it will not complete before crashing out and saying my graphics card is not up to spec.

On 12/12/2020 at 8:54 PM, Xeipher said:

IDK if this will work but somehow mine worked with a different method which is funny because i just downloaded Destiny 2 and was giving me that failed to intialize graphics thing and somehow i found this method where you need to download a service pack for windows 7.

i basically just downloaded this pack on this link : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

and after installing and told me to restart my PC my EPIC launcher suddenly worked well now hope this helps.

Just signed up to say this. Thanks alot, you're the man ❤️
I've been struggling with this shitty error for weeks.Now it's good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

From the mentioned KB2670838 only two files needed:

d3d11.dll v6.2.9200.16492
dxgi.dll v6.2.9200.16492

This new dlls can be placed into the "Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win64\" folder for users of the x64 Win7 OS (x86 files would not work for 64bit OS!).

It seems that the new Epic Store Launcher compiled (at least) with this dlls in mind, so it gives you "Unsupported Graphics Card" message. The launcher build 10.19.9 was the last that used old dlls. With the command line key "-noselfupdate" old launcher will be able to launch installed games but will have new issues that were introduced with recent updates of the services (for example not installed games may gone from the library).

The newest "dbghelp.dll" from the "Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\DbgHelp\" can be removed - it does nothing useful for the end user and has more new dependencies that you also may miss if you are not a developer.

Some users may experience far worse issues after installing KB2670838, they need to read about KB2834140 too.