My gf bought dirt rally 2.0 and it barely runs like 10 fps low settings

Emiliawastakenowo

Hey, my gf bought dirt rally 2.0 and her game is lagging horribly can someone help

I7 8700K @4.8GHz
GTX 1080ti 
16GB DDR4 @3333mhz
Z370P D3(motherboard)
Be quiet 750W

She gets like 10 fps on the lowest settings possible anyone knows why ?

Thats her gpu while running the game

Screenshot_9.png

Wow dirty rally really... Try checking if video outputs from GPU and not iGPU 

Edit: from your screenshot it appears it's running from gpu.. Hmm.. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Is it like that in other games or only in Dirt 2.0?

Make sure the display cable is plugged in to the graphics card and isn't plugged in to the display output on the motherboard running off the iGPU of the 8700k.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Wow dirty rally really... Try checking if video outputs from GPU and not iGPU 

it is she said.

it opens on her main monitor and we play a lot of other games as well

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Is it like that in other games or only in Dirt 2.0?

Make sure the display cable is plugged in to the graphics card and isn't plugged in to the display output on the motherboard running off the iGPU of the 8700k.

only dirt rally overwatch max setting 240 fps same with apex max settings

Just now, Emiliawastakenowo said:

only dirt rally overwatch max setting 240 fps same with apex max settings

Game or driver support must be broken 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Game or driver support must be broken 

try to reinstall graphics driver through geforce ?

1 minute ago, Emiliawastakenowo said:

I don't think it will work if other games run like butter.. But yes you could try it.

FS in Denmark/EU:

3 minutes ago, Emiliawastakenowo said:

Use DDU and reinstall the latest driver from Nvidia site

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

I don't think it will work if other games run like butter.. But yes you could try it.

we'll try to reinstall the game (ugh 113gb game) and reinstall gpu 

Just now, Moonzy said:

kk will try

1 minute ago, Emiliawastakenowo said:

we'll try to reinstall the game (ugh 113gb game) and reinstall gpu 

Try DDU instead as Moonzy said

FS in Denmark/EU:

I'm sorry that i'm going totally off topic and even stupid, some would say.

But i'm more surprised w/ the fact that your girl got interested in dirt rally 2.0
that's unusual af

Anyway, I'd check the drivers or even trying reinstalling windows, I play the game as well on very similar hardware and never had any problems.

best of luck to you pal

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

8 hours ago, MyLittleFella said:

But i'm more surprised w/ the fact that your girl got interested in dirt rally 2.0
that's unusual af

Anyway, I'd check the drivers or even trying reinstalling windows, I play the game as well on very similar hardware and never had any problems.

best of luck to you pal

she loves dirt rally cars, cars in general 

can she reinstall graphics while not having integrated gpu

so like she only getting monitor input out of the gpu

21 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Try DDU instead as Moonzy said

21 hours ago, Moonzy said:

8 hours ago, MyLittleFella said:

that's unusual af

best of luck to you pal

2 minutes ago, Emiliawastakenowo said:

She shouldn't use onboard. Plug in display to GPU. And yes she can reinstall graphics without onboard GPU.. Windows uses lagacy driver while after DDU driver removal. Actually go disable integrated gpu in BIOS..

FS in Denmark/EU:

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

She shouldn't use onboard. Plug in display to GPU. And yes she can reinstall graphics without onboard GPU.. Windows uses lagacy driver while after DDU driver removal. Actually go disable integrated gpu in BIOS..

Thank youuu 

22 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Actually go disable integrated gpu in BIOS..

It should be disabled by default once motherboard detects dgpu

But it's fine to leave it enabled, I find it sometimes helpful if you need to use the motherboard video ports

25 minutes ago, Emiliawastakenowo said:

Yea, windows have a built in driver that will allow basic display functionality while you're reinstalling the main graphic drivers

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

t should be disabled by default once motherboard detects dgpu

But it's fine to leave it enabled, I find it sometimes helpful if you need to use the motherboard video ports

Yes, normally I would too, but in this instance; I would try to disable it, to avoid any driver fuckery

FS in Denmark/EU:

She has integrated cpu graphics enable but still cant take video output of it

shes quite worried just uninstalling gpu cuz last time we had to take it to the shop 

is it like sure that if she uninstall gpu driver she can use her monitor while integrated graphics doesnt work

18 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yes, normally I would too, but in this instance; I would try to disable it, to avoid any driver fuckery

21 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

It should be disabled by default once motherboard detects dgpu

Yea, windows have a built in driver that will allow basic display functionality while you're reinstalling the main graphic drivers

Screenshot_1.png

6 minutes ago, Emiliawastakenowo said:

shes quite worried just uninstalling gpu cuz last time we had to take it to the shop 

is it like sure that if she uninstall gpu driver she can use her monitor while integrated graphics doesnt work

Screenshot_1.png

Yes disable internal graphics

Connect monitor to GPU directly

FS in Denmark/EU:

36 minutes ago, Emiliawastakenowo said:

Screenshot_1.png

Is it windows 10?

Windows 10 will be fine, older windows may not be fine

And don't disable it in device manager, just download DDU and latest driver, then unplug from internet

Then run DDU and restart, then install the new driver