Rtx 3070 crashes

Specs down below

The problem is that when i load up a game like the crew 2 on ultra 1440p 60fps for example the the pc simply crashes, i do still hear sound for 4 seconds or so. I have this same problem in other games aswel for example minecraft java with shaders or when im streaming.

I also get 4 beeps in quick succession as a post code the gigabyte site says its the battery on the mother board and/or gpu aren't seated correctly. I unplugged both and put them back in. Yet the problem is still there.

I have also tried a DDU, it also had no effect.

Im thinking of reinstalling windows hoping that that might work.

I think it might be a driver issue since i can still hear sound coming from the pc before it turns off and restarts so its probably not the psu because that would turn of the system instantly

My question is if anyone knows how to fix this

Spec:

Cpu: I5 9600kf 

Gpu: inno3d Ichill x4 rtx 3070 

Motherboard: gigabyte z370m d3h

Ram: hyperX 24 gb running at 4000mhz (also tried running it at different speeds)

Psu: corsair rm750x

sounds like a hard ware issue, when you play game you stress the components and failures show up that may not be noticed otherwise. typically the issue can be caused by memory, the gpu or the power supply or even motherboard.

start by examining everything one thing at a time,

* examine the pci pins slot on the motherboard for damage, ensure its fully clipped into the slot

* ensure memory is properly seated

* remove any overclocks until you find root cause (this includes disabling XMP)

* ensure power connectors are fully attached to the video card

if this is a recent upgrade, try your old card? does it work fine?

if it does it rules out some of the components. and points to either the power supply (as the newer cards draw alot of power) or the video card itself. it would be the easiest second thing to try.

also if your using a third party power cable for the video card for the new connector,

try the nvidia oem Y converter cable from the box.

My old gpu was 1050ti, it had no issues. Ill try the things youve suggested

Thank you for responding btw 

Ill get back to you

i tried the things you mentioned. i tried my 1050ti it works fine it gave the same post error as before, that was because i forgot the power connector(i thought might be usefull to mention) but after connecting i had no issues. i did just upgrade my psu from a coolermaster master watt lite 700 watt to a corsair rm750x because i that one is much higher quality ofcourse and has a bit more juice. but its the first modular power supply ive ever owned im pretty sure i connected everything correctly.

but shouldnt a 750 watt gold psu be enough for a rtx 3070? 

as for power cables im using the 2 included 6+2 cables that came with my psu

or is it possibly because the 3000 series is pcie gen 4 and my motherboard is gen 3? i did read that they were backwards compatible.

update i was able to get minecraft to run by underclocking the same did not work on other games

On 12/10/2020 at 1:43 PM, tech.guru said:

if this is a recent upgrade, try your old card? does it work fine?

if it does it rules out some of the components. and points to either the power supply (as the newer cards draw alot of power) or the video card itself. it would be the easiest second thing to try.

I tried my old card like I've stated,  it works fine and only gives that post codes when i accidentally forgot to connect the power cable.

So im thinking the power supply is the cause even though i just upgraded, what psu would you recommend me getting?

I currently have rm750x from corsair

7 hours ago, ItsaMeDuncan said:

I tried my old card like I've stated,  it works fine and only gives that post codes when i accidentally forgot to connect the power cable.

So im thinking the power supply is the cause even though i just upgraded, what psu would you recommend me getting?

I currently have rm750x from corsair

i would suggest RMA your power supply the one you have is great powersupply. parts can malfunction and seems likely this is the cause.

Note, it could be the GPU but be difficult to get parts with shortage.

try rma for your powersupply first.

only use original power supply cables from your new power supply.

dont reuse your existing ones when you get the new power supply

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2020 at 8:40 PM, tech.guru said:

i would suggest RMA your power supply the one you have is great powersupply. parts can malfunction and seems likely this is the cause.

Note, it could be the GPU but be difficult to get parts with shortage.

try rma for your powersupply first.

only use original power supply cables from your new power supply.

dont reuse your existing ones when you get the new power supply

Hi its been a little while. i did rma my graphics card. It came back and its not broken and they said it runs fine in their benchmarks, in the meantime i did switch my psu back to my old one and the issue persists when i tested it with my 3070, although the old psu is of a lower quality. 

What could be another possible cause of the problem

I am still sending the corsair psu back, i just yesterday found the receipt.

Thank you in advance

On 12/10/2020 at 10:38 PM, ItsaMeDuncan said:

but shouldnt a 750 watt gold psu be enough for a rtx 3070? 

Definitely. look at my sig... (Bequiet 500w) 

Not a even a hitch. 

20201231_220333.thumb.jpg.2263b2c64ff7c6cd372d2cf8296e3233.jpg

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux