1440p ulta settings and 55fps with a 1050 oc edition on a dell Optiplex 9020

Twonturismo

This is my first ever desktop pc that I purchased a few weeks ago. Its a Dell Optiplex 9020, i5 4590 (turbo boost locked at 3.5ghz) 16gb ram 16000, nvidia gtx 1050ti 4gb OC edition with some aggressive ( on the memory clock side) msi after burner settings. 

Now did I win the silicon lottery? I'm getting 55fps on gta 5 at ultra settings at 1440p on a 144hz monitor. The game plays incredible with no hitches. 

My performance is 59% cpu and 55% gpu usage. Give or take once in a few frames cpu will jump or gpu vice versa 🤔  

I was looking at upgrading my psu and getting a radeon 580 or 590 but all the benchmarks I've seen on 1080p reviews show about 65 to 70 fps on Gta 5 and these system are a lot more modern than mine. 

I hope I struck gold because I rather not spend anything on a dell optiplex lol

1 hour ago, bmx6454 said:

if you are happy with the performance(sounds like it), why change anything?

Yeah I'm very happy with it now. The hardware and performance just don't add up but lucky me! I'll be using this set up for a while. 

1050 ti to a 580/ 590 is not a real upgrade.

Spending money on PSU and GPU to get a slight preference boost doesn't make sense to me, not worth the 300$ IMO.

Better keep em for something better

2 hours ago, Twonturismo said:

Now did I win the silicon lottery?

Silicon lottery is not about any one chips basic performance. It refers to overclocking capabilities, or on the other end, how hot or how much voltages chip needs to run at stock settings.

Your question is, is the hardware performing as it should be. Considering we are talking about 6 year old locked CPU, 4 year old lower-end GPU and 5 year old game. Looking at some benchmarks, you are seeing expected result.

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv