Pc sometimes just doesn't turn on

Assem

I've been having this problem where my computer has absolutely no response when I press the power button despite already having a slowly flashing orange light on the motherboard (asus prime b450m a, which as far as I can tell doesn't mean anything and is always blinking wether the pc is on or off).

The surprising thing is that it the first time it happened I unplugged the power cable and when I tried turning it back on the next morning it just worked. And now it just happened again I tried turning it on, no response at all, went to the toilet and when I came back it was already on.

The first time it happened I found online that I can try turning it on with a screwdriver (shorting 2 pins on the motherboard) which had absolutely no effect at all.

What PSU do you have?

Full system spec, preferably

Though it's most likely a PSU issue, but could be a motherboard issue too

If the fans are still spinning, means it's not fully shut down and it could also be a software issue if that's the case

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Thanks for the answer.

It's a 500W psu, I don't know its name and can't check for now.

Specs :

ryzen 3 3200G

msi gtx 980 ti

2 x 8 gb DDR4 ram (runs at 3200 Hz I think, I used the DOCP mode in the bios)

512 gb hdd and 200 gb sata ssd 

The fans do not spin at all, when it doesnt turn on.

I am a bit curious, how can it be a psu issue if there's absolutely no problem when the pc is turned on ?

11 hours ago, Assem said:

I've been having this problem where my computer has absolutely no response when I press the power button despite already having a slowly flashing orange light on the motherboard (asus prime b450m a, which as far as I can tell doesn't mean anything and is always blinking wether the pc is on or off).

The surprising thing is that it the first time it happened I unplugged the power cable and when I tried turning it back on the next morning it just worked. And now it just happened again I tried turning it on, no response at all, went to the toilet and when I came back it was already on.

The first time it happened I found online that I can try turning it on with a screwdriver (shorting 2 pins on the motherboard) which had absolutely no effect at all.

I have the same problem . when i turn off my pc it wouldnt turn on. in order to turn it on i have to wiggle my powerchord a bit and it  would turn on. when i play fortnite it turns off after 2 minutes and doesnt turn on even though RGB lights on RAM are still on 
Another thing i want to mention is that INLET or POWER SOCKET of PSU comes out a bit when i try to remove power chord or wiggle it . IS IT NORMAL???
SPECS
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
GPU:NVIDIA gtx 1660 super
MOTHERBOARD:TOMAHAWK B550
PSU:COOLER MASTER MWE 750 watts

37 minutes ago, Assem said:

The fans do not spin at all, when it doesnt turn on.

I am a bit curious, how can it be a psu issue if there's absolutely no problem when the pc is turned on ?

Honestly sounds more like a motherboard issue, have you tried unplugging your front panel connectors and using something like a screwdriver to short the pins and activate the power? If your computer doesn't shut off randomly or blue screen, and the PSU isn't making any funny noises, it is most likely the motherboard.

Why Are We Still Here? Just to Suffer?

1 minute ago, IBNI said:

I have the same problem . when i turn off my pc it wouldnt turn on. in order to turn it on i have to wiggle my powerchord a bit and it  would turn on. when i play fortnite it turns off after 2 minutes and doesnt turn on even though RGB lights on RAM are still on 
Another thing i want to mention is that INLET or POWER SOCKET of PSU comes out a bit when i try to remove power chord or wiggle it . IS IT NORMAL???
SPECS
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
GPU:NVIDIA gtx 1660 super
MOTHERBOARD:TOMAHAWK B550
PSU:COOLER MASTER MWE 750 watts

Your power supply could be faulty. I don't like how you described the power socket on the chassis, it should be secure. I also don't like how it shuts off randomly. Have you contacted Cooler Master and tried to get an RMA or a repair?

Why Are We Still Here? Just to Suffer?

2 hours ago, Logarithm220 said:

Honestly sounds more like a motherboard issue, have you tried unplugging your front panel connectors and using something like a screwdriver to short the pins and activate the power? If your computer doesn't shut off randomly or blue screen, and the PSU isn't making any funny noises, it is most likely the motherboard.

Yes I did try shorting the power pins but nothing happened at all.

I think I found the problem, this morning it would'nt turn on so I opened it and as soon as I touched the ATX cable it just turned on.

I then wanted to unplug then replug it but I couldn't (even tho i'm pressing the security ping) so I just loosened the cable management a bit and will keep you updated if it does the bug again.