Logitech G305 Mini Review

Downkey

Ok, so I know this mouse is 2 years old at this point, but I just upgraded from a G502 and thought “Why not!” The reason I upgraded from my 502 was the weight, double clicking, and the cable. (The cable was heavy and VERY frayed.)

So first of all, the mouse itself. This mouse is very small, and if you have larger sized hands and use a palm grip, I wouldn’t recommend this. I have smaller(ish) hands so this fits my hand/palm perfectly. Note: This is only 20 - 30g lighter than the 502, but there is a very noticeable difference.

This Mouse weighs around 99G, but with certain battery modifications it can be under 90.

This mouse has no RGB, which allows it to have a clean aesthetic. It also allows for some INSANE battery life (around 180 - 250 hours)

The sensor and latency of this is great. It feels very accurate, and I’ve had no problems related to latency whatsoever.

This mouse originally was originally listed for $60, but I ended up getting it for $30.0

For $30 this is insane. (It’s the Ryzen 5 3600 of wireless gaming mice!)

If you are on a budget, and want a wireless gaming mouse, this would probably be a great option.

4.5/5

Also I’ve never done a review before, so sorry if this is bad lol.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 minutes ago, Downkey said:

well it is, but I don't think I can do much better, so I will not complain

10 minutes ago, Downkey said:

It's not too bad. You've got some helpful elements in there.

Some ways to improve it would be to separate the pros from the cons rather than going back and forth from pro to con repeatedly.

Also, a little more explanation about what makes it an upgrade over the G502 would be nice to see.

Think of a small review of this nature as "what can I tell someone with a G502 or similar that would help that either stick with it or upgrade."

Not that you have to listen to any of this, it's okay as-is.

@Downkeyany noticeable difference with the feel of the weight in your hand from the g502 to the g305? Wanna see if lighter mouse is better (I have g903, btw wtf logitech ur naming scheme but anyways its 110g) and wondering if i should use lighter mouse.

8 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@Downkeyany noticeable difference with the feel of the weight in your hand from the g502 to the g305? Wanna see if lighter mouse is better (I have g903, btw wtf logitech ur naming scheme but anyways its 110g) and wondering if i should use lighter mouse.

Yes, I felt a pretty decent difference. Especially if you use a lighter battery

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

12 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

It's not too bad. You've got some helpful elements in there.

Some ways to improve it would be to separate the pros from the cons rather than going back and forth from pro to con repeatedly.

Also, a little more explanation about what makes it an upgrade over the G502 would be nice to see.

Think of a small review of this nature as "what can I tell someone with a G502 or similar that would help that either stick with it or upgrade."

Not that you have to listen to any of this, it's okay as-is.

Thank you for the advice! Appreciate it :)

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Just now, Downkey said:

Thank you for the advice! Appreciate it :)

I feel bad because I gave no help, test battery life, don't write company claims, test reliabilty of connection at what distance, and test weight, for both mice and compare, ik complicated

36 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Ok, so I know this mouse is 2 years old at this point, but I just upgraded from a G502 and thought “Why not!”

Going from a G502 to a G305? Dang! That HAS to feel small obviously! 

And yes, as a former G102 owner, I reckon it's meant more for palm grip rather than claw, but the shape and feel both are good.

I'd like to know if there are any double click issues, which hundreds of G102 owners have complained about (I've fortuntely had none for the 2.5 years I used mine.)

PC: Acer Predator Helios 300: corei7-7700HQ, GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, 128GB SSD+1024GB HDD, Logitech G102 Prodigy+Circle Gaming Pro.

1 minute ago, r3m0 said:

Going from a G502 to a G305? Dang! That HAS to feel small obviously! 

And yes, as a former G102 owner, it is meant more for a palm grip rather than claw, but the shape and feel both are good.

I'd like to know if there are any double click issues, which hundreds of G102 owners have complained about (I've fortuntely had none for the 2.5 years I used mine.)

I have only had my 305 for a week, but no double clicking so far. That could happen though.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Good review, thanks. I don't expect a 3000 word essay or wind tunnel analysis from a forum review, much less an Amazon customer review, so well done. 😁