new body or lens?

First of all, I'm a Canon shooter. I'm currently facing 2 problems. First, more AF points. Second, new fast telephoto zoom lens.

Let me explained the first problem. I mostly shoot school events (Seminars, Meetings, etc.). I have a capable lens which I borrowed from my cousin; namely, 24-105 f4L IS. I also have my own lenses Sigma 17-50 f2.8, Canon 55-250 IS STM, 50mm f1.8. I mainly use my 200d mk II (Rebel SL3, 250d whatever canon brand it as in different market). There are a lot of problem with it, but it is a very capable camera. I pushed it to its limit. I only get annoyed by one thing AF points. p points AF is enough for portrait and travelling but for Seminars where the speaker is moving rapidly, there is not enough time for me to focus then recompose. If I do that the speaker might change his/her posture, gestures, etc. I'm currently taking an interest in Canon 90D and 7D mk II. Both have a lot of features I want(notably more AF mode). I am leaning towards 90D since it's my travel camera as well. I don't really shoot videos, but if i do so, I only shoot at 1080p. any other camera body recommendations for me to consider? If you dont think changing the body will help proceed to the next question.

Second problem. LOW LIGHT. I'm considering buying a fast telephoto zoom lens to accommodate my kit. some events is in a dimly lit room. I'm considering Sigma 50-100 f1.8 (No image stabilization, very sad) and canon 70-200 both f4 and f2.8(IS version). what should I pick? I usually shoot in a low light situation.

In the future i hope i saved enough money to buy both of those but right now, I only have the budget to upgrade one of them.

8 hours ago, Cole_Back_Is_Real said:

First of all, I'm a Canon shooter. I'm currently facing 2 problems. First, more AF points. Second, new fast telephoto zoom lens.

Let me explained the first problem. I mostly shoot school events (Seminars, Meetings, etc.). I have a capable lens which I borrowed from my cousin; namely, 24-105 f4L IS. I also have my own lenses Sigma 17-50 f2.8, Canon 55-250 IS STM, 50mm f1.8. I mainly use my 200d mk II (Rebel SL3, 250d whatever canon brand it as in different market). There are a lot of problem with it, but it is a very capable camera. I pushed it to its limit. I only get annoyed by one thing AF points. p points AF is enough for portrait and travelling but for Seminars where the speaker is moving rapidly, there is not enough time for me to focus then recompose. If I do that the speaker might change his/her posture, gestures, etc. I'm currently taking an interest in Canon 90D and 7D mk II. Both have a lot of features I want(notably more AF mode). I am leaning towards 90D since it's my travel camera as well. I don't really shoot videos, but if i do so, I only shoot at 1080p. any other camera body recommendations for me to consider? If you dont think changing the body will help proceed to the next question.

Second problem. LOW LIGHT. I'm considering buying a fast telephoto zoom lens to accommodate my kit. some events is in a dimly lit room. I'm considering Sigma 50-100 f1.8 (No image stabilization, very sad) and canon 70-200 both f4 and f2.8(IS version). what should I pick? I usually shoot in a low light situation.

In the future i hope i saved enough money to buy both of those but right now, I only have the budget to upgrade one of them.

Depends on your budget would you b able to get an A7ii in the budget and adapt the lens’ you have to the E mount? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

the 55-250 is meh at best.

are you shooting through the viewfinder or in live view?

if you don't need super high res A7SII maybe an option, its a low light king but that means other than the 24-105 and 50 the other lens will not work.

the sigma 50-100 would be a good paring for a crop body. as someone who has carried a 70-200 F2.8 IS (first gen) they are heavy on an SL2/200D

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs