Im buying a whole new pc but want to test with old parts, help

ShooterJ

I currently have some old shi**y dell pc and am doing a full upgrade to a build im doing myself

I currently have my mobo, cpu cooler and ram.

Ssd, gpu, case and psu are a long while out.

But my cpu 5800xd be coming shortly.

Now i would like to take my 1060, case, sshd and psu from my old pc and put them on my new mobo and test everything.
If i do this, will it just work? since i already have windows and all on my sshd?

Or what exactly will happen here?

Well I would get a better PSU but you can use it for test

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Yeah it should boot into Windows and detect the new hardware. Then it will  probably download drivers etc for the different components.

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

4 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Well I would get a better PSU but you can use it for test

Yeah im buying everything new, im just hoping to enjoy the new stuff before waiting months.

Thx

6 minutes ago, Gazereths said:

Yeah it should boot into Windows and detect the new hardware. Then it will  probably download drivers etc for the different components.

okay thanks ^^

1 minute ago, ShooterJ said:

okay thanks ^^

NP.... it would be best to do a clean install though. And like Kanna said, that Dell PSU with be very sketchy, I wouldn't try to run any games or benchmarks with it, especially with a Ryzen 7 5800x.

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

11 hours ago, Gazereths said:

NP.... it would be best to do a clean install though. And like Kanna said, that Dell PSU with be very sketchy, I wouldn't try to run any games or benchmarks with it, especially with a Ryzen 7 5800x.

Well the PSU i actually upgraded along the way, as did i with my GPU.
Went from some 550W to a VS650 from corsair cus the old one didnt have the connector for a 1060 GPU.
Its plain 80+ white or smth, had someone else upgrade it back then when i had no knowledge.
Do you think it's safe to game on this one?

2 hours ago, ShooterJ said:

Well the PSU i actually upgraded along the way, as did i with my GPU.
Went from some 550W to a VS650 from corsair cus the old one didnt have the connector for a 1060 GPU.
Its plain 80+ white or smth, had someone else upgrade it back then when i had no knowledge.
Do you think it's safe to game on this one?

The VS power supplies aren't that great, but you should be OK with it for now.