Building a new rig problems

1 minute ago, Daniel Z. said:

dont you think a b550 is better for future proofing? they are on the edge of not supporting the b450s anymore i feel after they announced that later on maybe those mobos support the new cpus.

also those intel ssds dont have dram right? correct me if i am wrong

4 minutes ago, wolfff said:

in ray tracing nvidea wins... but that is only because they have the DLSS feature that will amd get soon aswell (with a different name) so for now nvidea wins ray tracing but amd will compete soon

I did put a couple AMD lists together. The first is the same CPU as above, but with a 6800. Cheaper than the 3060ti, but a little more performance. Savings of $180. Both have the same supply problems.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KnVMwz

That savings could be turned into a 5 5600x, which also has stock issues right now, but if you're patient is a huge boost in performance. It also opens up Smart Access Memory. PCPP has an incompatibility listed for the motherboard and 5600x. The 550 will support the 5600x but more than likely need a BIOS update. MSI appears to have a version of "Q Flash Plus" that would allow you to update without a compatible CPU. If that's not the case, there are motherboards that allow it. AMD also has a loaner program. You use your proof of purchase to have a loaner CPU mailed to you. You update BIOS with their CPU that will allow you to boot. Put your CPU in and mail theirs back. 

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/smart-access-memory

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xCXjJf

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, wolfff said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xCXjJf this list would indeed be perfect for you.

add a gold certified psu, maybe change the cpu cooler for a Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH and it will do the job for u more than fine.

also with these parts you will be set for the next years of gaming. you could run ALL the triple a games easily. you can even run 4k gaming

16 minutes ago, wolfff said:

in ray tracing nvidea wins... but that is only because they have the DLSS feature that will amd get soon aswell (with a different name) so for now nvidea wins ray tracing but amd will compete soon

I dont have a miner GPU, its just that one of my secodaries has only VGA(The rest of the ports were occupied, so I decided that getting a much more expensive monitor just for it to have DP wasnt worth it) so thats the main issues. Also non of my current monitors have DP, but I will soon enough buy a main and hook it up to DP.

Thanks again!

8 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

I did put a couple AMD lists together. The first is the same CPU as above, but with a 6800. Cheaper than the 3060ti, but a little more performance. Savings of $180. Both have the same supply problems.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KnVMwz

That savings could be turned into a 5 5600x, which also has stock issues right now, but if you're patient is a huge boost in performance. It also opens up Smart Access Memory. PCPP has an incompatibility listed for the motherboard and 5600x. The 550 will support the 5600x but more than likely need a BIOS update. MSI appears to have a version of "Q Flash Plus" that would allow you to update without a compatible CPU. If that's not the case, there are motherboards that allow it. AMD also has a loaner program. You use your proof of purchase to have a loaner CPU mailed to you. You update BIOS with their CPU that will allow you to boot. Put your CPU in and mail theirs back. 

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/smart-access-memory

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xCXjJf

Thanks for the tips dude!

53 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

AMD is tried and true, it works very well

Thanks for your list too dude!

1 minute ago, Joseph692 said:

I dont have a miner GPU, its just that one of my secodaries has only VGA(The rest of the ports were occupied, so I decided that getting a much more expensive monitor just for it to have DP wasnt worth it) so thats the main issues. Also non of my current monitors have DP, but I will soon enough buy a main and hook it up to DP.

Thanks again!

what monitors do you have? hdmi will fit aswell in the gpu

Just now, Joseph692 said:

Thanks for the tips dude!

Problem with that list is that it's in US. No way you're getting that for the same price in Romania

2 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

Thanks for your list too dude!

Problem with that list is that it's in US. No way you're getting that for the same price in Romania

I completely missed that. Saw the USD and forgot about their location.

How much is the mark up usually in Romania? Would it be possible to purchase from somewhere with a larger market and get shipped to you? Say Germany, Italy, France etc?

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Yeah, PC parts here can be twice as expensive as the base price. Maybe import a PC from the States :)

Thank you so much dude, I appreciate the effort.

Just now, Voluspa said:

How much is the mark up usually in Romania? Would it be possible to purchase from somewhere with a larger market and get shipped to you? Say Germany, Italy, France etc?

Seeing the prices on that store, it looks to be around a 20%-40% uplift in price

1 minute ago, Joseph692 said:

Yeah, PC parts here can be twice as expensive as the base price. Maybe import a PC from the States :)

Thank you so much dude, I appreciate the effort.

twice? thats a huge rip.

Just now, Voluspa said:

Thought of that but i really dont have the connections to do such thing. The markup for the i7-9700k, from 300$ from Amazon, its about 430 converted into USD

Just now, Joseph692 said:

Thought of that but i really dont have the connections to do such thing. The markup for the i7-9700k, from 300$ from Amazon, its about 430 converted into USD

you should move to the netherlands, the stock here and prices are amazing. even psu prices, we can buy a 750 watt gold psu for 60 euros or smt

9 minutes ago, wolfff said:

what monitors do you have? hdmi will fit aswell in the gpu

I have really low end ones, because i dont really need beefy secondaries, I mostly use them for content and resource monitoring. I dont really remeber what models I have. Main has DVI, VGA, HDMI, 1080p 144hz acer, second is an 1080p samsung with VGA and HDMI, and then an old 900x1400 LG with vga

3 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

https://import-export.societegenerale.fr/en/country/romania/regulations-customs#:~:text=Romania does not impose import quotas or tariffs.&text=Customs duties no longer exist,European Union's Common External Tariff.

Assuming that is the national website it looks like you shouldn't be on the hook for any import taxes. If you go through and put those on Amazon.de and calculate shipping how much does the price go up by?

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_gt_dd_intldelivery_en/?nodeId=201910850#GUID-94F272E0-F280-4956-87FB-E99C2528462A__SECTION_75AF1B4BA8A7491D8A29C8704F83068F

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

4 minutes ago, wolfff said:

you should move to the netherlands, the stock here and prices are amazing. even psu prices, we can buy a 750 watt gold psu for 60 euros or smt

I am a patriot, I would never leave my country for nothing, especially because things are going great now and we will soon adopt the euro in 2024! We are the most rich country in the Balkans and we are proud of our roman descendence! :)

9 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Amazon delivery is honsetly shit here, and they mark up the price so much. The proccesor is 380 from 250. I could make it work if I could have someone build it and ship it off to me.

EDIT: I think thats just an exception, usually the transport on amazon is 10-20EUR

11 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Dude 720 EUR was my curent PC:) and i got it in 2018, 1050 ti, i5 8400 16gb. For these savings I could get a second fucking PC

7 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

Dude 720 EUR was my curent PC:) and i got it in 2018, 1050 ti, i5 8400 16gb. For these savings I could get a second fucking PC

Keep in mind that 720 doesn't have a price for the graphics card or a PSU. There isn't enough of the 6800 in stock for PCPP to have a price listed. 

It looks like Ubuy.ro is a larger electronics distributor there? If that's the case, this price in RON is supposedly 758 Euro ($920) instead of 750 EU($909) that PCPP found for in Germany. That doesn't leave much for a GPU, PSU and case. 

Spoiler

image_2020-12-05_113839.thumb.png.f5728139e4bbe5228b0d70e04f57d946.png

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

4 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

Def dont have the money for this setup if i also want a monitor. I need someone to at least get the parts and ship them to me, or build it.

It looks to me like the GPU will be the problem. Ubuy wants more for a 2060 than the rest of the build. There's no 3060 listed on that site so I had to grab a 3070 search.

https://www.ubuy.com.ro/en/search/?ref_p=ser_tp&q=2060

https://www.ubuy.com.ro/en/search/?ref_p=ser_tp&q=3070

https://www.ubuy.com.ro/en/search/index/view/product/B08P7PWTDX/s/msi-radeon-rx-6800-directx-12-rx-6800-16g-graphics-card-16gb-256-bit-gddr6-pci-express-4-0-hdcp-ready-vr-ready-2x-displayport-1x-hdmi-2-1-w-mytrix-hdmi-2-1-cable/store/store

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

8 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Keep in mind that 720 doesn't have a price for the graphics card or a PSU. There isn't enough of the 6800 in stock for PCPP to have a price listed. 

It looks like Ubuy.ro is a larger electronics distributor there? If that's the case, this price in RON is supposedly 758 Euro ($920) instead of 750 EU($909) that PCPP found for in Germany. That doesn't leave much for a GPU, PSU and case. 

Reveal hidden contents

image_2020-12-05_113839.thumb.png.f5728139e4bbe5228b0d70e04f57d946.png

No boss sorry, no such thing as Ubuy. I looked it up and it isnt for computers. Main distributors are: Emag, Altex, PCGarage, CEL. If i could get it from another country like Germany, France, US, Uk, Ill be looking at 1300EUR/1500$. In local currency that ll be 6000 RON

EDIT: Oh yeah thanks. i looked up Ubuy.ro without the .com aprt and nothing came up. Personally never heard of it but maybe its alright

3 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Yeah its asking too much. the build itself should cost as the 2060