Building a new rig problems

Budget (including currency): 1500(USD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Any game

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Motherboard: 

CPU: 

GPU: 

SSD:

Crucial BX500 240GB SATA-III 2.5 inch

HDD:

Toshiba DT01ACA100

RAM:

HyperX Predator RGB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

PSU:

CPU Cooler:

Case:

AQIRYS Arcturus ARGB

----------------------------------------------

I decided that I need an upgrade, because I havent upgraded my PC since 2016. These are the parts I decided to get but I have some questions and thought maybe you guys could help me out. My main concern is the RAM-CPU compability. I read on Intels site that the CPU only supports 2666 MHz RAM. The RAM I got is 3200 MHz. Is the RAM automatically gonna set itself to 2666 or should I go for a 2666 MHz RAM stick?

The other questions I have are reliability related. Mainly the SSD and the GPU. I wonder if the SSD is on par with the others in its price range. I mean for the price I could get a lower capacity one from a better brand but with similar enough speeds. The other question I have is about the reliability of the GPU. I did some homework on it and it seems Palit, the GPU manufacturer doesnt seem that bad, but then again I dont know much about it either so let me know if its okay or not.

The other weak point in this build is my HDD. I have it since my first built PC, 2016, and I know its crap but I dont really care much, because I am surely going to move Steam, Discord, Windows and what not on the SSD so they boot up faster. It really doesnt bother me at all.

So thats it, I look forward to hearing your suggestions and any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

6 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Motherboard: 

CPU: 

GPU: 

SSD:

HDD:

Toshiba DT01ACA100

RAM:

PSU:

CPU Cooler:

Case:

AQIRYS Arcturus ARGB

I decided that I need an upgrade, because I havent upgraded my PC since 2016. These are the parts I decided to get but I have some questions and thought maybe you guys could help me out. My main concern is the RAM-CPU compability. I read on Intels site that the CPU only supports 2666 MHz RAM. The RAM I got is 3200 MHz. Is the RAM automatically gonna set itself to 2666 or should I go for a 2666 MHz RAM stick?

The other questions I have are reliability related. Mainly the SSD and the GPU. I wonder if the SSD is on par with the others in its price range. I mean for the price I could get a lower capacity one from a better brand but with similar enough speeds. The other question I have is about the reliability of the GPU. I did some homework on it and it seems Palit, the GPU manufacturer doesnt seem that bad, but then again I dont know much about it either so let me know if its okay or not.

The other weak point in this build is my HDD. I have it since my first built PC, 2016, and I know its crap but I dont really care much, because I am surely going to move Steam, Discord, Windows and what not on the SSD so they boot up faster. It really doesnt bother me at all.

So thats it, I look forward to hearing your suggestions and any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

in the bios you can change the ram speeds

2 minutes ago, wolfff said:

in the bios you can change the ram speeds

But the PC will boot to bios even with the 3200 unmodified right?

Just now, Joseph692 said:

But the PC will boot to bios even with the 3200 unmodified right?

correct me if i'm wrong but i think in general a pc will boot at first with base ram speeds, and you have to enable xmp to get the 3200 mhz so i think ur fine.

i dont know a lot about ram but this is all i think i know

1 minute ago, wolfff said:

correct me if i'm wrong but i think in general a pc will boot at first with base ram speeds, and you have to enable xmp to get the 3200 mhz so i think ur fine.

i dont know a lot about ram but this is all i think i know

I dont know much about it either. Thank you very much for the info tho.

Any thoughts on the SSD and GPU?

1 minute ago, Joseph692 said:

I dont know much about it either. Thank you very much for the info tho.

Any thoughts on the SSD and GPU?

i don't think that SSD has DRAM (also correct me if i am wrong but people have told me that) if i were u i would do some research on an equally priced ssd with dram.

also about the gpu, palit is one of the lower tier gpu manufacturers but it still is a brand new gpu w brand new components, u should be fine. if not you got warranty :)

1 minute ago, wolfff said:

i don't think that SSD has DRAM (also correct me if i am wrong but people have told me that) if i were u i would do some research on an equally priced ssd with dram.

also about the gpu, palit is one of the lower tier gpu manufacturers but it still is a brand new gpu w brand new components, u should be fine. if not you got warranty :)

Yeah I thought the SSD would be a problem. Thank you so much dude!

19 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

Motherboard: 

CPU: 

GPU: 

SSD:

HDD:

Toshiba DT01ACA100

RAM:

PSU:

CPU Cooler:

Case:

AQIRYS Arcturus ARGB

also tips of mine: i would spend 10 euros more (or alittle more than that) and get a Gold certified PSU, a good reliable psu is very important in a system. if your psu dies alot of components die with it aswell.

Also, why dont you do a ryzen build? Amd ryzen is waaaaaay nicer in overall performance

Yeah I thought the SSD would be a problem. Thank you so much dude!

no problemo ❤️

Just now, wolfff said:

also tips of mine: i would spend 10 euros more (or alittle more than that) and get a Gold certified PSU, a good reliable psu is very important in a system. if your psu dies alot of components die with it aswell.

Also, why dont you do a ryzen build? Amd ryzen is waaaaaay nicer in overall performance

I will try to find a gold certified PSU. As for the CPU I dont really feel comfortable with Ryzen, not because I find it unreliable, but I dont really know much about it, and in my opinion its better to go with something tried and true, than to risk it. Here where I live, thats a relative large amount of money and I cant risk no mistakes. This is why Ill get the PSU variant you suggested. Again I am not an Intel fanboy, but personally I know much more about Intel than AMD.

I will try to find a gold certified PSU. As for the CPU I dont really feel comfortable with Ryzen, not because I find it unreliable, but I dont really know much about it, and in my opinion its better to go with something tried and true, than to risk it. Here where I live, thats a relative large amount of money and I cant risk no mistakes. This is why Ill get the PSU variant you suggested. Again I am not an Intel fanboy, but personally I know much more about Intel than AMD.

AMD is tried and true, it works very well

i get it, u wanna play it safe. lemme give u a tip, do research on ryzen processors. i am running a first gen ryzen cpu rn while the 4th gen is already out and the 1st gen is still SO GOOD. i swear if you find out the power of amd's new parts u will love it. if you were to get a ryzen cpu u have to get a AM4 motherboard

1 minute ago, Daniel Z. said:

AMD is tried and true, it works very well

I heard, but I got a good deal on it. Any suggested Ryzen in the 430$/350EUR price range?

5 minutes ago, wolfff said:

i get it, u wanna play it safe. lemme give u a tip, do research on ryzen processors. i am running a first gen ryzen cpu rn while the 4th gen is already out and the 1st gen is still SO GOOD. i swear if you find out the power of amd's new parts u will love it. if you were to get a ryzen cpu u have to get a AM4 motherboard

I heard abot Ryzens performance and I think it really blows Intels proccesors out of the water in the top range, but I dont really know how it compares in the mid to low end. The only thing I know about AMDs proccesors are the Threadrippers and Im surely not getting any one of those.

2 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

I heard, but I got a good deal on it. Any suggested Ryzen in the 430$/350EUR price range?

hey dude, i made a pc list for u. i left out the psu because prices of psu are really different in every county. you should check out how much this will cost in your country. if it is under your budget and want to spend more to make it better let me know and i can make the list better. if its over your budget i will make it less expensive

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pjs97X

I heard abot Ryzens performance and I think it really blows Intels proccesors out of the water in the top range, but I dont really know how it compares in the mid to low end. The only thing I know about AMDs proccesors are the Threadrippers and Im surely not getting any one of those.

amd straightup beats intel to the ground, intel may have aliiiitle more fps in game but thats almost un noticable. ryzen is overall better.

2 minutes ago, wolfff said:

amd straightup beats intel to the ground, intel may have aliiiitle more fps in game but thats almost un noticable. ryzen is overall better.

I heard AMD has issues with temps. Any idea on what teps you have for example in GTA V ultra 1080?

Also I took a look at your configuration. I really like it. My main issue is that I do a lot of multi tasking, and I think a 8 core CPU fits me better. And another thing that I would prefer  is RGB RAM. not a deal breaker but do you think I could get RGB on that model RAM?
Again thank you so much for your time spent making the rig. I really appreciate this!

I heard AMD has issues with temps. Any idea on what teps you have for example in GTA V ultra 1080?

Also I took a look at your configuration. I really like it. My main issue is that I do a lot of multi tasking, and I think a 8 core CPU fits me better. And another thing that I would prefer  is RGB RAM. not a deal breaker but do you think I could get RGB on that model RAM?
Again thank you so much for your time spent making the rig. I really appreciate this!

amd & issues with temps WAS a common problem indeed. on their older cpu's? yeah they get very hot. but the ryzen cpu's are yet again amazing. i am running a 1st gen ryzen 7 1700 with the stock cooler that comes with it and it runs so perfect. nothing to worry about, also in gta. in the tech world the ryzen cpu's are so hyped and everyone loves them. i can garrantee u the ryzen cpu's will give u a better experience than intell will. and if you are really worried about cpu temps... get a Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH Edition it is is in my opinion on of the best cpu coolers for the price and it it just 20 euros more expensive. it is super good. if you want to multi task get a ryzen 7 3700x.

rgb ram? i mean sure u can buy those, its like 10-20 euros more expensive but just get some rams that u think they look gud.

4 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

and if you really really want that high end performance, it will cost ya alittle bit more but than you should get a ryzen 5 5600x cpu (it is faster than the 7 3700x even with 2 less cores) and in gaming it is alot faster.            that cpu paired with a brand new amd rx 6800

both those components are at the moment extra expensive but in a month or 2 will be at normal price probably.(also the stock will be normal than i hope) why are they more expensive now? because theyre literally brand and brand new, just released. and EVERYONE wants to buy them and they cant keep up with the orders.

the ryzen 5 5600x with a amd rx 6800 have a feature that is when you pair them they get an avarage of a 11% performance boost wich is alot. but you have to get a B550 or a X570 mobo to run that cpu (wich is included in ur list)

8 minutes ago, Joseph692 said:

np for the help btw :) i love doing this, talking about pcs and helping other people for as far as my knowledge goes. in february i will also be building a beautifel ALL AMD build

8 minutes ago, wolfff said:

and if you really really want that high end performance, it will cost ya alittle bit more but than you should get a ryzen 5 5600x cpu (it is faster than the 7 3700x even with 2 less cores) and in gaming it is alot faster.            that cpu paired with a brand new amd rx 6800

both those components are at the moment extra expensive but in a month or 2 will be at normal price probably.(also the stock will be normal than i hope) why are they more expensive now? because theyre literally brand and brand new, just released. and EVERYONE wants to buy them and they cant keep up with the orders.

the ryzen 5 5600x with a amd rx 6800 have a feature that is when you pair them they get an avarage of a 11% performance boost wich is alot. but you have to get a B550 or a X570 mobo to run that cpu (wich is included in ur list)

I seriously consider the ryzen build you made for me. As for the GPU I dont want to opt out for an RX. I have an RX550 8GB miner. I personally prefer nvidia, but then again that5s just a preference of mine. Thanks for al the time you spent.

What about FPS? I need a solid 144 in titles like GTA V or Watch Dogs Legion. Is AMD still best?

And another issue I got is with the integrated graphics. I sow that amd has none. Its not really a problem but I have 3 monitors and I need to connect one of them to the motherboard. Think that will be an issue?

EDIT: I also lock all my games on VSync so 144 FPS is my goal.

I seriously consider the ryzen build you made for me. As for the GPU I dont want to opt out for an RX. I have an RX550 8GB miner. I personally prefer nvidia, but then again that5s just a preference of mine. Thanks for al the time you spent.

What about FPS? I need a solid 144 in titles like GTA V or Watch Dogs Legion. Is AMD still best?

And another issue I got is with the integrated graphics. I sow that amd has none. Its not really a problem but I have 3 monitors and I need to connect one of them to the motherboard. Think that will be an issue?

I'm historically Intel and Nvidia. My next build will be AMD. CPU and GPU. 

As far as the ray tracing goes. I haven't been able to find much for reviews yet. The 6xxx series GPU does have RAY tracing in it. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD-updates-adrenaline-driver-support-rt

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

if you go for the newest amd gpu (the rx 6800 or rx 6800 XT) you can easily hit 144fps in gta. probably 200+ watchdogs also probably around 144 fps (wd legion is badly optimised)

the rtx 3060ti will also be amazing. but the 100-150 euros more on a rx 6800 is totally worth it imo. the newest amd gpus beat nvidea hard. it actually has been the firsts time in 13 years that amd made the best gpus. everyone is super suprised. also  the new gpus have way more vram. but still an rtx 3060 ti will do a really really good job aswell.

amd indeed don't got no intergrated graphics. but why would you connect the monitors to your mobo? probably because you have a miner card right? the non miner cards have enough ports you can put your monitors in. its better to connect your monitors to your gpu

1 minute ago, Voluspa said:

I'm historically Intel and Nvidia. My next build will be AMD. CPU and GPU. 

As far as the ray tracing goes. I haven't been able to find much for reviews yet. The 6xxx series GPU does have RAY tracing in it. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD-updates-adrenaline-driver-support-rt

in ray tracing nvidea wins... but that is only because they have the DLSS feature that will amd get soon aswell (with a different name) so for now nvidea wins ray tracing but amd will compete soon