black screen for 1 second only in games

Hiatro

Hello, so I've got an Samsung C27RG50 240Hz monitor, g-sync compatible and I'm having an issue that when I play some at least little demanding game the monitor turns black for a second... It occured in games: CS:GO, WOT, A Story About My Uncle. League of Legends for example runs perfectly fine... I've checked the cable (which is new btw) and it is completely okay, tried new GPU drivers, monitor drivers... nothing helped... oh and I have an Asus ROG Strix GL503VM notebook, i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060... would you know what should i try next?

Sometimes happens if your setup is not on grounded plugs.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

10 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Sometimes happens if your setup is not on grounded plugs.

what do you mean? what should i try?

Hello, so I've got an G-Sync Compatible Samsung C27RG50 240 Hz monitor with Asus ROG Strix GL503VM Gaming Laptop and I've ran into a problem: When I game at least a little demanding title (for ex. A Story About My Uncle, CS:GO, WoT) I play normally like I do and from nothing i got a black screen for like 1-2 seconds... However If i turn off the G-Sync the problem dissappears... I tried to higher the lower refresh rate in CRU from 48(?) to 50 but didn't make a change... I've tried things like disable PCIE turning off in power plan, disable fullscreen optimizations, install newest drivers... nothing helped... Can you help me please?

Most likely an issue with the cable.

I'm currently running into a similar issue.

When I connect my 144Hz 1440p monitor via the 10meter DP cable that I have, I also see lots of black screens. For me it doesn't even change whether I run G-Sync or not, but if I set the "color something something" (whatever it's called in english) to YCbCr422, the issue goes away. (As shown in the screenshot) But then the whole image looks rather bad. 

For now I connected a 1meter DP cable, which also resolves the issue and I am now waiting on a 60€ Lindy 10meter DP cable to hopefully resolve this.

image.png.2b4c1e65cff3487eceb6c18e98a99c78.png

46 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Most likely an issue with the cable.

I'm currently running into a similar issue.

When I connect my 144Hz 1440p monitor via the 10meter DP cable that I have, I also see lots of black screens. For me it doesn't even change whether I run G-Sync or not, but if I set the "color something something" (whatever it's called in english) to YCbCr422, the issue goes away. (As shown in the screenshot) But then the whole image looks rather bad. 

For now I connected a 1meter DP cable, which also resolves the issue and I am now waiting on a 60€ Lindy 10meter DP cable to hopefully resolve this.

image.png.2b4c1e65cff3487eceb6c18e98a99c78.png

thats possible but wouldnt it do even when not in games? 

Just now, Hiatro said:

thats possible but wouldnt it do even when not in games? 

No, not necessarily. Depending on how you set up G-Sync, it might only run in fullscreen mode. 

I also experienced that for some reason with a higher load on the GPU more bugs seem to come up. I had this happen with my Thunderbolt 3 dock, were sometimes my main display would go black when launching a game or when fullscreening a video. No idea what exactly caused it tho.

3 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

No, not necessarily. Depending on how you set up G-Sync, it might only run in fullscreen mode. 

I also experienced that for some reason with a higher load on the GPU more bugs seem to come up. I had this happen with my Thunderbolt 3 dock, were sometimes my main display would go black when launching a game or when fullscreening a video. No idea what exactly caused it tho.

okay tho i wonder where to buy a better cable in my local stores, i can't get any:/ it has to be mDP to DP

47 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Okay so I've came to this... I've bought an Club3D adapter from mDP to DP for 17$ and I will connect it to the monitor with cable which I got in the monitor's package

13 hours ago, Hiatro said:

Okay so I've came to this... I've bought an Club3D adapter from mDP to DP for 17$ and I will connect it to the monitor with cable which I got in the monitor's package

Let's hope that fixes it.