RGB fans are confusing :(

Hello everyone!

So I just got my new case. It is a DeepCool Matrexx 55 mesh ADD-RGB. My question is how do I connect my rgb fans. Every fan has a 3-pin female RGB connector as well as a normal 3-pin fan connector for the fan itself. So I got the case with the RGB ones pre-connected in a daisy-chained cable hub of some sort (for the rgb sync between the fans, as far as I know). At the end, the "chain" plugs to a 3-pin male connector going to the front panel of the case (for the rgb control button I suppose). Everything seems clear for now (correct me if I am missing something). Another connector from the front panel is a single 2-pin molex connector. All that is left are these 3-pin fan connectors that I managed to connect (again via a daisy-chained cable included in the case). At the end of it is a standart 4-pin female connector for the motherboard. So my guessing is that the molex connector coming from the front is for powering the RGB lighting and that I need to connect all of the connected fans to one of the chassis fan connectors on my motherboard. Is that correct or am I being silly? Does plugging the molex power supply cable eliminate using the motherboard one? 

Also, what is this cable on the picture and do I need to use it? My research showed that it is for the addressible rgb lighting connector on the motherboard. But will I be needing that when I am already using the front panel control button option? If yes, how do I connect it?

Thanks to everyone for the help in advance! <3

129016239_1723199761194710_4090893181799577172_n.jpg

I'm pretty sure your case manual can help you out here 

https://www.deepcool.com/download/pdf/MATREXX_55_PDF.pdf

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

The picture shows what looks to be a fan connector and a two headed argb  connector. The later has labels for each connector designating the motherboard manufacturer. Plugging in the appropriate connector into an argh header on your motherboard allows you to use the motherboard sync software. The fan connector is likely to provide fan speed control from the motherboard.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

22 hours ago, Sashkintosh said:

Hello everyone!

So I just got my new case. It is a DeepCool Matrexx 55 mesh ADD-RGB. My question is how do I connect my rgb fans. Every fan has a 3-pin female RGB connector as well as a normal 3-pin fan connector for the fan itself. So I got the case with the RGB ones pre-connected in a daisy-chained cable hub of some sort (for the rgb sync between the fans, as far as I know). At the end, the "chain" plugs to a 3-pin male connector going to the front panel of the case (for the rgb control button I suppose). Everything seems clear for now (correct me if I am missing something). Another connector from the front panel is a single 2-pin molex connector. All that is left are these 3-pin fan connectors that I managed to connect (again via a daisy-chained cable included in the case). At the end of it is a standart 4-pin female connector for the motherboard. So my guessing is that the molex connector coming from the front is for powering the RGB lighting and that I need to connect all of the connected fans to one of the chassis fan connectors on my motherboard. Is that correct or am I being silly? Does plugging the molex power supply cable eliminate using the motherboard one? 

Also, what is this cable on the picture and do I need to use it? My research showed that it is for the addressible rgb lighting connector on the motherboard. But will I be needing that when I am already using the front panel control button option? If yes, how do I connect it?

Thanks to everyone for the help in advance! ❤️

Hello,

The picture of the cable above is the ARGB sync cable, and it is only used if you are going to hook up the ARGB lighting to a compatible 5v ARGB header on your motherboard. If you are wiring up the lighting to the included ARGB controller PCB, you would not need that cable. I assume you have the Mesh ADD-RGB 4F variant. These instruction will likely help you, as they are the two most common ways of wiring up the Matrexx case fans. These instruction sets are for a Matrexx 50 ADD-RGB 4F, but the wiring is basically the same for the ARGB variants of the Matrexx cases (number of fans and inclusion of an ARGB LED strip will vary based on the specific model). The other set of wires are to power the fans, and it sounds like you already know that they go to any system or chassis fan header on your motherboard. I hope this information helps.

To the built in ARGB controller PCB(controlled by the button on the case):

image.png.e3c38a8c53277fb2a6159bb61a605e98.png

To a compatible ARGB header on the motherboard:

image.png.7f48d31b563a66656af7a4bca5bbee05.png

DeepCool Support

On 12/4/2020 at 8:50 PM, DeepCool zer0 said:

Hello,

The picture of the cable above is the ARGB sync cable, and it is only used if you are going to hook up the ARGB lighting to a compatible 5v ARGB header on your motherboard. If you are wiring up the lighting to the included ARGB controller PCB, you would not need that cable. I assume you have the Mesh ADD-RGB 4F variant. These instruction will likely help you, as they are the two most common ways of wiring up the Matrexx case fans. These instruction sets are for a Matrexx 50 ADD-RGB 4F, but the wiring is basically the same for the ARGB variants of the Matrexx cases (number of fans and inclusion of an ARGB LED strip will vary based on the specific model). The other set of wires are to power the fans, and it sounds like you already know that they go to any system or chassis fan header on your motherboard. I hope this information helps.

To the built in ARGB controller PCB(controlled by the button on the case):

image.png.e3c38a8c53277fb2a6159bb61a605e98.png

To a compatible ARGB header on the motherboard:

image.png.7f48d31b563a66656af7a4bca5bbee05.png

DeepCool Support

Thank you so much! This is very helpful ❤️

On 12/6/2020 at 3:57 AM, Sashkintosh said:

Thank you so much! This is very helpful ❤️

Not a problem at all. 

DeepCool Support