Cheap build for adobe and blender

moth_88

Budget (including currency): 5000PLN (around 1350usd)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Adobe lightroom, premiere, blender fluid simulations and cycle renders

Other details : i've got ssds and hard drives, aswell as 32gb ram(but gonna have to sell it and get 64 instead), also got case and peripherals.

I'm looking to upgrade my old setup to be mostly focused on blender fluid sims(cpu heavy workload, nice to have as much threads as possible), i also render some cycles animations so rtx would be nice to have. i do some work in adobe lightroom and premiere aswell.

Are lightroom and premiere gpu or cpu heavy? Should i use 2k of my budget for 3060 ti and 3k for cpu and mobo, or maybe 3070 for 3k and 2k for mobo and cpu?

so pretty much the question is:

3060ti + ryzen  3900xt(or 5800x) vs 3070 + ryzen 5 5600x(or 3800xt)

which is better for lightroom, premiere, blender cycles renders, blender fluid sim.

i assume  for blender fluid sims i would be best of with 3900xt + 3060ti, for cycles 5600x+3070, am i correct?

no idea about adobe, but gonna guess better cpu for lightroom, better gpu for premiere?

also if i use it only for fluid sims should i consider 1950x with 3060ti or maybe even 5950x and 1660ti?

The 3060ti + 3900x combo. Don't pay more for a 3900xt as it barely performs better than a 3900x unless it's like a 10$ difference.

Only lightroom would really benefit from the 5600x all the others would love a higher corecount cpu more

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

it's like a 10$ difference.

its 14$ differance so gonna get xt i guess.

and when it comes to mobo does it matter much or can i take something cheap like gigabyte b550m s2h? i probably be running 2x32gb ddr4 @3400 or 3700 at most

26 minutes ago, moth_88 said:

Budget (including currency): 5000PLN (around 1350usd)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Adobe lightroom, premiere, blender fluid simulations and cycle renders

Other details : i've got ssds and hard drives, aswell as 32gb ram(but gonna have to sell it and get 64 instead), also got case and peripherals.

I'm looking to upgrade my old setup to be mostly focused on blender fluid sims(cpu heavy workload, nice to have as much threads as possible), i also render some cycles animations so rtx would be nice to have. i do some work in adobe lightroom and premiere aswell.

Are lightroom and premiere gpu or cpu heavy? Should i use 2k of my budget for 3060 ti and 3k for cpu and mobo, or maybe 3070 for 3k and 2k for mobo and cpu?

so pretty much the question is:

3060ti + ryzen  3900xt(or 5800x) vs 3070 + ryzen 5 5600x(or 3800xt)

which is better for lightroom, premiere, blender cycles renders, blender fluid sim.

i assume  for blender fluid sims i would be best of with 3900xt + 3060ti, for cycles 5600x+3070, am i correct?

no idea about adobe, but gonna guess better cpu for lightroom, better gpu for premiere?

also if i use it only for fluid sims should i consider 1950x with 3060ti or maybe even 5950x and 1660ti?

For renders and fluid simulations, get the single best gpu you can that's Nvidia. Don't bother with AMD. >> 3070
All of the cpus you've listed are more than capable of handling what you'll throw at them.
Lightroom is more CPU intensive, but depending on your use it might not be that big of a deal. (If you do massive exports yeah, if you do a few photos here and there not so much)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 minute ago, moth_88 said:

its 14$ differance so gonna get xt i guess.

and when it comes to mobo does it matter much or can i take something cheap like gigabyte b550m s2h? i probably be running 2x32gb ddr4 @3400 or 3700 at most

Yes it matters A LOT. The b550m s2h is gonna have thermal issues with the 3900xt. It's more a board that stops at the 5600x. What other boards are an option.

Ryzen does best with 3600mhz memory. Faster is pointless and lower performance the same way as getting slower memory does. So either get 3600 or something under it.

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

fluid simulations, get the single best gpu you can

fluid sim i use doesnt utilize gpu at all, and its like 70% of what i do, if not more

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yes it matters A LOT. The b550m s2h is gonna have thermal issues with the 3900xt. It's more a board that stops at the 5600x. What other boards are an option.

Ryzen does best with 3600mhz memory. Faster is pointless and lower performance the same way as getting slower memory does. So either get 3600 or something under it.

what mobo would you recommend? there are a lot i can pick from, but i hope to get the cheapest i can find that will perform well, hoping not to spend more than 300$ on that. maybe asus prime x570-p? its around 200$. theres msi x470 gaming plus max for 150$ aswell, but guessing its worth getting newer board.

i have no idea what to look for in motherboard but those are one of the cheapest x470 and x570 i can find. i consider getting some nice used last gen board over something from this gen but at full retail

19 minutes ago, moth_88 said:

fluid sim i use doesnt utilize gpu at all, and its like 70% of what i do, if not more

what mobo would you recommend? there are a lot i can pick from, but i hope to get the cheapest i can find that will perform well, hoping not to spend more than 300$ on that. maybe asus prime x570-p? its around 200$. theres msi x470 gaming plus max for 150$ aswell, but guessing its worth getting newer board.

i have no idea what to look for in motherboard but those are one of the cheapest x470 and x570 i can find. i consider getting some nice used last gen board over something from this gen but at full retail

Still, for renders with cycles. bigger gpu = faster renders.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

For mobo, maybe you can take a consideration on

MSI MAG B550M mortar 

MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK

MSI MAG B550 Gaming edge wifi.

-----

gigabyte aorus B550 elite

---

Asus Tuf B550M

--- 

Price range from 149 to 189.

All of them are decent motherboards with great features and power delivery at this price range.

2 hours ago, moth_88 said:

Pretty much what josh said for boards

2 hours ago, givingtnt said:

Still, for renders with cycles. bigger gpu = faster renders.

Not always there are certain scenario's where you HAVE to use the cpu too