TV display not working properly

UnaverageVague
Go to solution Solved by UnaverageVague,
6 hours ago, The_russian said:

Have you tried temporarily unconnecting the Elgato and using an HDMI cable for the TV? It looks like either a loose connection or a problem with the cable/adapter.

It was surprisingly the TV, I was attempting to watch Netflix on the actual TV smart app and none of the videos were loading and when that was happening so after I decided to switch to HDMI for my PC and that’s when the distorted image happened. So I ended up rebooting the TV in the settings menu for the TV and it fixed the issue.

So in short my TV had a seizure and just needed a reboot.

So recently I had got a 4k TV as my third display for my setup and was working fine for a bit and now all of a sudden it looks like this

How its connected

Main Gaming Monitor > Display port > GPU

Elgato > HDMI > GPU

TV > Display Port to HDMI cable > GPU

Obviously most GPU's only come with 1 HDMI port so I gave the Elgato game capture the HDMI port and opted in for a Display port to HDMI cable for the TV

Not sure if this has anything to do with using a adapter like cable, or if its something else someone might have figured out. But again it was working for a bit but I haven't done anything different that would have caused it to stop all of sudden.

unnamed.jpg

Specs:

Intel i9-9900k OC 5.0ghz All core | CPU

1080Ti FE | GPU

Asus Z490-E | MOBO

RM850i | PSU

10900k 5.0ghz OC | ASUS Strix Z490 | NVIDIA 4090 FE | 4x16GB Corsair Vengeance PRO (3200MHz)

Have you tried temporarily unconnecting the Elgato and using an HDMI cable for the TV? It looks like either a loose connection or a problem with the cable/adapter.

6 hours ago, The_russian said:

It was surprisingly the TV, I was attempting to watch Netflix on the actual TV smart app and none of the videos were loading and when that was happening so after I decided to switch to HDMI for my PC and that’s when the distorted image happened. So I ended up rebooting the TV in the settings menu for the TV and it fixed the issue.

So in short my TV had a seizure and just needed a reboot.

10900k 5.0ghz OC | ASUS Strix Z490 | NVIDIA 4090 FE | 4x16GB Corsair Vengeance PRO (3200MHz)