I need a CPU!

Hellfireuzu

Hello guys,

In my country the price difference between 10700KF and 5600X is quite negligable (Disregard the small price hikes in Motherboards as I would go for high end one anyway.) so, which of these two would you suggest for Games/Streaming/Very occasional video editing? (10900K/KF and 5800X are currently in price range of each other and about 20% more expensive than the aforementioned).

As for GPU (as a factror) I Currently have GTX 1080Ti and I am planning on upgrade in somewhat near future probably to 30X0 (we'll see if Radeons change their performance in ray tracing and/or have very good price/performance ratio).

Also I am 1440p/144hz with no intention of changing that anytime soon.

Any advice appreciated guys,
Thanks!

5800x is the sweet spot for you

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

I'd go for the 5600X, as it's the better CPU for gaming only. Then let the GPU encoder handle the streaming. And it's still more than enough for the occational video edit. I have one myself and i don't regret "downgrading" from an 8-core 3700X, as i never needed the 2 extra cores.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

I'd go for the 5600X, as it's the better CPU for gaming only. Then let the GPU encoder handle the streaming. And it's still more than enough for the occational video edit. I have one myself and i don't regret "downgrading" from an 8-core 3700X, as i never needed the 2 extra cores.

also, maybe wait for the 5700x if you can, wil be worth much more

31 minutes ago, Hellfireuzu said:

Hello guys,

In my country the price difference between 10700KF and 5600X is quite negligable (Disregard the small price hikes in Motherboards as I would go for high end one anyway.) so, which of these two would you suggest for Games/Streaming/Very occasional video editing? (10900K/KF and 5800X are currently in price range of each other and about 20% more expensive than the aforementioned).

As for GPU (as a factror) I Currently have GTX 1080Ti and I am planning on upgrade in somewhat near future probably to 30X0 (we'll see if Radeons change their performance in ray tracing and/or have very good price/performance ratio).

Also I am 1440p/144hz with no intention of changing that anytime soon.

Any advice appreciated guys,
Thanks!

As people have stated... 5600x is the best option here and if you go b550 then you might have some upgrade room in the future as well... 

They are both good cpus but I always tend to go amd due to cheap and easy upgrades and good experience! 

System Specs: Ryzen 5 5500 (Themralright Assassin X) // Asus A520m-K // Vengeance 2x8GB 3200Mhz Ram // Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600 XT // Gigabyte P650B 650w // WD Blue Sn550 500GB Nvme // CX500 2TB  // CiY Tester84 (Outemu Orange) // Razer Mamba Wireless // Gamemax Trooper Case