Will switching RAM improve gaming performance?

Currently I have 16gb(4x4gb) ddr3 1333mhz RAM that I purchased 4 years ago. I have never had problems with any games reaching 144 fps to match my monitor's refresh rate until now. I have a 2070 Super, and i7 4790k 4 core @ 4.3 mhz. I am trying not to spend too much on PC upgrades and I'm trying to figure out if I need new RAM. 

My motherboard (Z97 PC Mate) which I also bought in 2016 I am pretty sure only supports ddr3 ram though. I'm not sure what to do. help

Hmmm it may help but I think it would help more with a new mobo, cpu and DDR4. DDR3 will probably cost a pretty penny or two since it's no longer in production so I would upgrade the board and cpu as well.

Most RAM currently on the market are DDR4 and your CPU does not support it.

So you're gonna have to upgrade Motherboard and CPU along with your RAM.

from the testing i've done way long ago, the difference isnt too much on a 4790k..

it could make numbers a bit better, but i'd also dare state you're better off pocketing the money until you upgrade to a DDR4 platform.

2 minutes ago, ItsJakeJucie said:

Maybe its time to switch to Something newer like x570s and maybe get DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 or lower

Would switching to a new mobo and ddr4 ram with higher speeds improve performance?

11 minutes ago, bigpoppy69 said:

Would switching to a new mobo and ddr4 ram with higher speeds improve performance?

There aren't any DDR4-compatible motherboards that support the 4790K, so you'd need to upgrade the CPU as well.