Helping cousin game on very low tier pc

LividXY
Go to solution Solved by wyliecoyote827,

typicly the course of action to turn somthing like that into a cheap gaming rig would be to add a graphiccs card, more ram, and an ssd to an old biussness pc. but, thats a celeron. you are much better off just getting rid of it and buying a optiplex or somthing like that used or refurbished for 150-200. then you could look for a used gtx 1050ti for around 150, or another card if you have your mine set on somthing. next big thing is to replace hdd with an ssd, unless the pc has one right now. finaly, i reccomend adding some more ram if its an your budget.

i used this method and in the end of my upgrades i turned an old lenovo m93p in to a decent gaming rig for my broother, with a GTX 1050ti, i7 4770, 16gb ram, and a 500gb ssd.

somthing like this is probably your best shot.

oh one more thing. most buisness pcs will have bad psu's with them. make sure that your gpu is a mini card that will only draw power through the pcie slot. this means even if the psu has no 8pin cables, you can run a gpu, and it limits it to 75 watts, so its easy to handle. just do NOT under any circumstances overclock this think lol.

Intel Celeron N3050 Dual-core (2 Core) 1.60 GHz

2 4 GB RAM DDR3L 

I could not find to much information but the pc model is “Acer Aspire XC-704G” -added the 2nd ram

parents Have not given me a budget but I don’t think it will be high at all. Max 200 but I think I’m stretching it.

We live in US

my goal is the upgrade this enough to help him be able to play some fairly recent games. Maybe gta5.

BD049D8E-3CCD-4B65-BB4E-0141F4B5023A.jpeg

F47E0B62-1A4D-44E5-B161-FE0416F4C8AB.jpeg

You cant play any game on a 200 dollar build. Buy a used one they have pretty good ones. It also run windows  7 from your pic. You cant game on a 200$ build.

1 hour ago, RyZen3200G said:

You cant play any game on a 200 dollar build. Buy a used one they have pretty good ones. It also run windows  7 from your pic. You cant game on a 200$ build.

Would buying a graphics card help at all. Keeping the cpu, cuz it’s pretty much impossible to find any meaningful to replace it cuz it’s a mobile chip. Btw it windows 10

typicly the course of action to turn somthing like that into a cheap gaming rig would be to add a graphiccs card, more ram, and an ssd to an old biussness pc. but, thats a celeron. you are much better off just getting rid of it and buying a optiplex or somthing like that used or refurbished for 150-200. then you could look for a used gtx 1050ti for around 150, or another card if you have your mine set on somthing. next big thing is to replace hdd with an ssd, unless the pc has one right now. finaly, i reccomend adding some more ram if its an your budget.

i used this method and in the end of my upgrades i turned an old lenovo m93p in to a decent gaming rig for my broother, with a GTX 1050ti, i7 4770, 16gb ram, and a 500gb ssd.

oh one more thing. most buisness pcs will have bad psu's with them. make sure that your gpu is a mini card that will only draw power through the pcie slot. this means even if the psu has no 8pin cables, you can run a gpu, and it limits it to 75 watts, so its easy to handle. just do NOT under any circumstances overclock this think lol.

20 minutes ago, wyliecoyote827 said:

Lmao ofc. Yea it would’ve been a good idea if cpu was better. Didn’t know it was that bad. I think a better solution for him would be “shadow”. He’s more into rpg and isn’t into competitive games. So cloud gaming should be fine.