Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Blue screen when updating drivers

Having problems with a 2nd hand gtx 1080 I'd bought, 

The first thing I did to try install this gpu is run DDU, restart my computer, install the 1080, then boot up, had no signal using hdmi and a black screen using dvi. 

Next thing I tryed was using igpu to get into windows to try install the drivers, blue screens mid way through everytime with the error (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) 

Tryed using safe mode and manged to install the drivers, but once a restarted and changed from igpu to gpu as my primary output I had the same problem with the black screen, 

I can see the gpu in device manager but it gives an error (Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems(Code 43)) 

The lights work and the fans spin on start up

My system:

I7 3770

ga z77 d3h

8gb ram

750w pcu

Gtx 1060 3gb, 

Gtx 1080 

this is likely a hw issue sorry (ie card is broken) 

is there any warranty left...? 

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET STRAIGHT POWER 11 650W 80+ GOLD | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

30 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

this is likely a hw issue sorry (ie card is broken) 

is there any warranty left...? 

No sadly no warranty left,